Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Usually an 870 express, but my favorite is dad's old Sears and Rearback Ted Williams automatic, its a Winchester 1500 in disguise, I think. Dad ordered it from the catalog, but he had to send the first two back 'cause they wouldn't pattern. Third time was a charm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
870 express is the only thing I have found that satnds up to my "abuse":up:

The Ouachita river chapter of the delta waterfowl is currently raffling one off at $2 a ticket in camden. Anyone on the comitee can sell you a ticket. Hows that for a plug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,786 Posts
I usually use an 870 for duck hunting, turkey hunting, and squirrel hunting.

For deer hunting, I only use a shotgun if I'm doing a deer drive, and if that's the case, I usually am toting a Mossberg.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't own a shotgun anymore. I bought my son a youth 20 gauge 870 this year for turkey season and ended up carrying it myself. that little gun put teh smack down on a gobbler for me this year. i added a turkey choke and that thing is a killing machine. Its lighter and less recoil than a 12 so ill stick with it. that will just leave extra money for new bow accesories.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I wish I had a picture of my bro-in-laws 870. He actually wore the dang thing out, but it took YEARS of his abuse to do it! When he got a new one, he cut the old one down to 18 1/2" for a riot gun and then later sold it. I've never seen a pump shotgun "rattle" like that one and still function!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.