Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf climber in my op is hands down the best. Light weight. Ultra Quiet. Solid. Packs down small. Easy to put on. Great stand for a climber. I also have the Lone Wolf Alpha loc on. Great stand also. They are a little expensive but it will be the last stand you buy.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Summit all the way!!! I have the Razor SS and love it....make sure you get one with the rapid climbing stirups and you'll be able to climb a tree in half the time of the ones with the straps you put your feet in on the platform....the seat is comfy and mine has the front rail you can move up and down...they have a lot more stuff you can put on one now but mine is basic and is really nice!!! Good Luck :up:

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Climbers scare the bejeebers out of me. Too many close calls for an old man like me.

My favorite lockons are Rivers Edge Lightfoot (only $99, weighs 14lbs and has a huge platform with a foot restL) and Gorilla King Kong.

hd

· Banned
385 Posts
I've got a hodge-podge of stands but my fav climber is the Lone Wolf because it is light and quiet.......not the most comfortable but great for short sits.

Fav loc-on type is the Big Game Boss XL........good price (about 80$) huge platform and nice seat if you leave the cushion on. A little on the heavy side but once it's hung in the tree it's great.:thumb:

· Registered
1,706 Posts
API, they are good for hunting private, i wouldn't want to carry it for 2 miles. They are very comfortable and last, i've had mine probably 10 years. It is quiet but not silent. It locks on the tree w/ strap when you get climbed up to where you want, very safe and comfortable. Just my opinion. I wish it was like 10 pounds, but then it would be smaller.

· Registered
14,538 Posts
When I hunted mostly private land, I'd take a generic ladderstand any day. Easy in-out, plus I always feel more secure seeing legs holding my stand up.

Now I'm hunting mostly public. I had a Grand Ol' Man, and it's a great, comfy stand, but it's heavy and clunky to carry. If you're packing a climber any distance through the woods, a Lone Wolf is the only way to go. I've got the Sit N Climb.

· Registered
354 Posts
Ol'Man and Tree Lounge. I love the quiet easy set up and climbing of the Ol'Man, but dang that Tree Lounge is comfy. I tell myself everytime I set the Tree Lounge up that I'm getting rid of it, but then I sit in it. It simply can't be beat for comfort.

· Member<br>2008 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
165 Posts
Summit Viper SS all the way. Comfortable to carry and sit in. Although a word of caution if looking to by one...If your vertically challenged the cables might drag the ground or catch alot of brush..luckily i dont have that problem

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.