Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well sadly enough, Sat morn will be the first morning for me to get to hunt, and I was just curious from a few of yall who have already had the oppertunity to hunt mornings about what time its light enough to see. Thanks

· Registered
28 Posts
If you're in the woods, you cant see until about 6:50-6:55. Maybe a little earlier if your hunting an opening.

I agree. I went Wednesday morning and sometime between 6:30-6:45 (probably closer to 6:45) I could see enough to shoot in the field I was sitting on the edge of. But in the woods it was a little later.

I usually like to be settled in my stand about 30 minutes before light. Tomorrow morning I'm shooting at being in my stand at around 6:00, no later than 6:15.

· Super Moderator
14,363 Posts
Time depends upon where you are hunting. It gets light earlier on the east side of the state than the west. I use my gps to determine sunrise time based on exact location, and know that legal shooting hours begin 30 minutes prior to sunrise. I try to be there 20-30 minutes before shooting hours, but I've gotten a bit lazy. I used to think I couldn't hunt if I weren't there an hour before daylight. As others have mentioned, it also varies whether you're hunting edges or deep woods. Good luck on your hunts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.