what the crap

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by arcountryboy, Dec 20, 2010.

1. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

Is wrong with people now days? I have not been to my local stand since before Thanksgiving. I went yesterday since the ground was frozen I knew I could drive all the way there. I got up there and there is corn under my feeder.....what...my feeder runs on 4 AA batteries and has not had them changed or refilled with corn in almost 2 months. I look over and my camera is gone. Someone has threw the cushioned seat out of my stand, refilled my feeder, and changed the batteries in it. I found my camera laying in the weeds with the card missing. Thank God they didn't steal it. I'm guessing they knew their pic was on it so they stole the card. Why would you hunt someone elses stand, what would they do if I walked up one morning or afternoon and them in it?

I wrapped a logging chain around the tree and stand and padlocked it with one of the weird masterlocks are supposed to be hard to cut. Stuck a note on it and thanked them for filling my feeder and they better hope I never catch them in it because I will jerk it off the tree while they are still sitting there.

The nerve of some folks. I talked to the Game Warden and he is going to sit up there a few nights and see if anyone is night hunting off of it.

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I dont understand that crap. It just dont make sense to me. This guy must not be to bright. First of all if your dumb enough to fill someone elses feeder and re-corn it then why not take the camera? Sounds like you need to jerk him up.

3. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Some cameras take pictures even when the card is removed.....maybe they didn't think to turn it off.:whistle:

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I would be tickled to death if I found my game cam still there.

5. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Sounds like an idiot to me... some people exercise their brain enough. Atleast, the card is the only thing taken.

6. arcountryboy

First thing I did was hook it up to the computer, it took 4 pics without the card, all you could see on one was a bigger than average belly in a gray shirt, the other was just a gray shirt, the other two was the sky where it was laying. I do know they threw it down on 12/11 at 2:36 in the afternoon.

Trust me I was, but I was still ticked they threw it down and have been hunting my stand. I have been really trying to watch my attitude, but they better be meaner than me, or not let me catch them there!

7. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

I'd go back and set that camera back up. Hide it the best I could and see if I could get a pic of this guy.

8. arcountryboy

I've got an older much cheaper one I am thinking of putting out after the GW sits there. I am afraid they are hunting at night even though they threw it down during the day and will see the IR red lights on my good one, they will see the flash on the cheap one for sure.

The one thing I dont understand is you have to drive down a turnrow, along the edge of the woods, and then you can drive back or walk back to the stand. They had no way of knowing I was not there when they went unless they knew me and knew where I was at.

Also, for those that remember this is the same place my truck was at when the stuff was stolen from it.

http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=80004

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  9. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Put the IR camera 8-10' off the ground looking down at an angle, unless they're looking up they'll never notice it....most likely.

10. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

just get a 2x6' x 7-8 foot long get 30 or so nails pound them all the way through so they are sticking up 3-4 inches then lay it on the access path cover up with seeds . then see who had flat tires the next day or two might be illegal to do so so pick up the board after. :wink:l

11. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

I can't get over the nerve of some people, I mean really what would he have said had you walked up "oh I was just keeping your seat warm, it's all yours :wink:" I really dont know what is wrong with people either:banghead:

12. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

String a little barb-wire about ankle high in some places on the way in, and then hang some about neck high...........ya might get some evidence off them that way!!!!:whistle::whistle:

13. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

ROFLMAO:thumb:

14. kfarm

kfarm Well-Known Member

bigger than average belly You sure that wasn't you just checking the camera:clap:
    Sorry to hear that, hope you have a Merry Christmas

15. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

JOHN........Was really thinking maybe some trip wires with Smoke or CS cannisters.....but those are kinda hard to find......:head::whistle:

16. arcountryboy

Wasn't quite as big as mine! Mine is bigger than the average bigger belly.:fit: Merry Christmas to you and your wife also.

17. arcountryboy

I was leaning more towards a few well placed claymores hooked to an infrared sensor wired to a battery and placed on the trail. But, that's just me.:whistle:

18. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

Could be the same low life that stole the stuff from your truck and it sounds like they know you and possibly where you live. I'd set up both cameras and try to get em that way. I hope you catch em but let us know before you snatch em up because im only like 30 minutes from ya. I want to watch.

19. kfarm

kfarm Well-Known Member

When you go to the store and buy some claymores get me several while your at it, I could use a few myself.

20. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Best deal I ever heard of being done was a guy had problems with people using his stand so he rigged up a way for all to know who it was. Kinda like a cow, to know it is yours for sure you brand it with your mark. Thats about what he did! He took a bottle of red printers ink, the good stuff that does not come off easy & rigged it up where it would spill out all out over the sport when he opened the door. Those that were suppose to be in the stand knew about it & how to dis-arm it, but others were in for a suprise. He went back to the stand & trap was sprung, ink everywhere & even had finger prints if they were needed to boot. Took care of his problem, no one ever returned after that, but funny thing is there was this fellow he suspected all the time that showed up latter running around with this summer time crewcut in dead of winter, his beard & stash shaven off & what appeared to be a bad sunburn on his face!