What size data plan for your iPhone?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by .270Win, Dec 17, 2010.

1. .270Win

.270Win Super Moderator<br>Forum Sponsor<br>'07 Deer Hunti

I'm buying my daughter an iPhone 4 for Christmas. Just wondering how big of a data plan do you have...or what would you recommend? :confused:

.270Win

2. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

is she a facebooker? twitter user? i would definetly go with the $30/month plan

3. .270Win

Yes, she's on facebook and youtube all the time. They've got a 2GB plan for $25.00, and if you go over that it's an additional $10 per 1GB. Just curious what the average GB usage is per month for a youngster?

.270Win

4. .270Win

Can the iPhone connect to the internet through Wi-Fi or a home wireless network? :head: My wife has an iPod Touch that she uses on our home network.....will the iPhone do that too?

.270Win

5. Rutcutter

Rutcutter Well-Known Member

Yes sir sure will,I really like mine so far. :up:

6. .270Win

Well heck, if she can get on facebook and youtube through our home network that won't count any against the data plan....right?

.270Win

7. factory909

thats correct, you just got to make sure that 1)you have the network setup to auto-connect, 2)if its not setup that she makes the connection to the home network.

8. .270Win

That'll work! Since she'll be sharing our 3000 talk minutes per month this should work out okay. :thumb:

.270Win

9. factory909

i think there is an app for the iphone that will get your data usage, just get this and keep a check on it.

10. chaley

chaley Well-Known Member

You should be fine...my wife is on her's all the time and never goes over a gig. Plus if you have wifi she can use that at home.

11. chaley

chaley Well-Known Member

the wifi will suck the battery life down though so she may want to turn it off when she is not at home. If you leave it on it is constantly searching for WIFI

12. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

That and if she has a Blue Tooth...........when not using them, keep them turned off!!

Got the $25/month Data plan and have not exceeded it yet........

13. i dropped down to the $15/200meg plan a month. I usually get close to the limit each month with using facebook, this site and checking weather. oh yeaa and e-mail

14. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    I use mine a LOT and am running close to a GB. I have wifi at both houses so that helps keep data usage down.

My wife and kids are almost always under 150 MB per month.

15. factory909

i hit 4 GBs of traffic through the wifi interface on my droid.....got to love downloading full movies on a cell phone!!

16. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Get the 2gig plan, the first day I had my iPhone I used 65% of the small plans data:frown:

17. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Yea, and I do a lot of Youtube viewing. That will eat up a data plan pretty quick too..

18. Hip

Hip Well-Known Member

she is a teenager, she WILL use it. get the bigger plan