Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This year I’ve already hunted Hawaii also snorkeled, swam with sea turtles and manta rays, went to the peak of Mauna Kea, and had humpback whales swim within feet of the boat. Then hunted Arkansas and Missouri. The Missouri hunt, a buddy and I took off about 7 one Sunday afternoon to drive up and grab and room and hunt an area that we’ve never stepped foot on. I spent a dozen or so days earlier this year putting in running around wade fishing the big 4 lakes. I had fished a couple and the others I was pretty ignorant of and I wanted to remedy that so I did, at least from a wade fishing perspective. My kids have tagged along every where that I’ve gone so far. In the next month I’ll hunt South Dakota and Minnesota and then Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. My tastes aren’t exotic, I don’t desire to fish for exotic species or go on safari. But I get bored quickly without some sense of adventure. And I like to see this country with boots on the ground and getting to know people that live there and killing and catching the stuff I’ve grown up chasing. So there’s almost always something planned and most of it is done as a family.

Not a planned hunt, just a dream hunt. I would love to leave the old farmhouse about daylight with my dad and a good setter dog or two, foot hunt til near dark on surrounding properties and flush 13-15 coveys of quail with a bologna sandwich break at noon. Come to the house bone tired with a tattered ol vest full of a two man limit of plump birds taken with a 16ga. gun and some paper hulled Remington 8s. It’s been 55 years since that last happened.
Bob

Not a planned hunt, just a dream hunt. I would love to leave the old farmhouse about daylight with my dad and a good setter dog or two, foot hunt til near dark on surrounding properties and flush 13-15 coveys of quail with a bologna sandwich break at noon. Come to the house bone tired with a tattered ol vest full of a two man limit of plump birds taken with a 16ga. gun and some paper hulled Remington 8s. It’s been 55 years since that last happened.
Bob
That is a dream;)

Bob
It’s been about 33 for me but the shells weren’t paper hulled and it was a 20 ga. I learned to shoot a shotgun at quail on the covey rise and my grand parents farm always held them in abundance. I can remember taking off doing that with my father many many days. I turned 12 in 86 and was finally allowed to go solo when dad was busy working on something. Lots of fond memories!! I’d quit duck hunting tomorrow if we still had birds.

I’ve got a moose hunt scheduled for September, one (possibly two) deer hunts in western states in October and November, and an exotic hunt in late winter in a western state. I always overplan because several of them usually fall apart. I’ll probably end up with only the moose trip, but I won’t be complaining.
Awesome where is the moose hunt?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.