Arkansas Hunting banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
167 Posts
It took some time to adjust to these sights but my eye goes right to the front sight and the rear sight is wide enough for these 57 year old eyes to make out the front post.

The first thing I do with a Glock is change the sights. Sorry for the blurry pic.

·
Grand Member
12,585 Posts
I've bought, traded and borrowed lots of handguns to find what I liked best for everyday carry. The finalists were the S&W Shield, Kimber Solo, Kimber Compact ll, Springfield Armory XD-S, Beretta PX4, Kahr CT9, Sig P238 and the Ruger LC9s/Pro. Sorry Glock fans, I know they are super reliable, but I've tried and tried to like them and they just don't fit me. The Ruger LC9 is what I carry, nothing else disappears on my belt like it does. The specs say it isn't that much different from several of the others, but it just feels smaller and flatter than any of the others, at least to me. I've had mine about 7 years now and it has never had a single jam or misfire with 124gr or heavier ammo, it doesn't have a lot of problems with 115gr, but will occasionally fail to feed. I've found that true for lots of small 9mm pistols, specially the Kimber Solo I had. I like to shoot and try different guns and will continue to do so at every opportunity, but for now the Ruger LC9s is my main carry gun.
PS, the LC9 is now discontinued, replaced by the EC9s, basically the same gun.

·
Grand Member
12,585 Posts
I also really like this Kimber Compact Stainless ll for when weight and size are not as big a factor. Love shooting this .45 and it carries and conceals amazing well for a pistol it's size..

·
Grand Member
12,585 Posts
Like Mr Chitlin, you gotta have a .22 for plinking.
Browning Buckmark
4” barrel with Scoundrel Suppressor
Crimson Trace laser
Vortex Crossfire red dot

61 - 80 of 105 Posts