Arkansas Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
I guess I can go ahead and show this off. Very few people until now know that I own this gun but after a little research I feel it’s safe to share.
About 5 years ago I asked my Uncle Joe if he had a large caliber pistol he would want to sell me. He said, “I’ll be right there”
A few minutes later he shows up and tells me he has a gun that was his uncle Talmedge service pistol in the army and that he had no one to hand it down to since his grandson had gotten into trouble. He made me promise to never sell it.

Then he hands me this

View attachment 313978
View attachment 313979

Remington Rand m1911 A1

I’d love to do some research on this but haven’t yet
You make too much doing furniture..

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I guess I can go ahead and show this off. Very few people until now know that I own this gun but after a little research I feel it’s safe to share.
About 5 years ago I asked my Uncle Joe if he had a large caliber pistol he would want to sell me. He said, “I’ll be right there”
A few minutes later he shows up and tells me he has a gun that was his uncle Talmedge service pistol in the army and that he had no one to hand it down to since his grandson had gotten into trouble. He made me promise to never sell it.

Then he hands me this

View attachment 313978
View attachment 313979

Remington Rand m1911 A1

Cool Very cool

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
167 Posts

Then he hands me this

View attachment 313978
View attachment 313979

Remington Rand m1911 A1

One of my Groomsmen, Joe D’Artois, had one. It was his father’s. His father was a Navy pilot who came home after combat and got killed in a crop dusting accident.

Joe was killed in a boating accident on the Cross Lake in Shreveport. I was in Chicago on a business trip and didn’t make it to the funeral. Knowing what I know now, I would have cut that trip and attended his funeral short no matter how much money was on the line. Blood on the money. Blood over money.

BTW, depending on what you have, you may be looking at a $100,000.00 pistol.

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
One of my Groomsmen, Joe D’Artois, had one. It was his father’s. His father was a Navy pilot who came home after combat and got killed in a crop dusting accident.

Joe was killed in a boating accident on the Cross Lake in Shreveport. I was in Chicago on a business trip and didn’t make it to the funeral. Knowing what I know now, I would have cut that trip and attended his funeral short no matter how much money was on the line. Blood on the money. Blood over money.

BTW, depending on what you have, you may be looking at a $100,000.00 pistol.
Lol, I guess uncle Joe would want me to sell it then...

I’ve been told $2500 +/- but I don’t know what would make it worth more or less. Regardless, it’s not for sale

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
167 Posts
Lol, I guess uncle Joe would want me to sell it then...

I’ve been told $2500 +/- but I don’t know what would make it worth more or less. Regardless, it’s not for sale
Last I heard, the Singer’s and Remington Rand’s with all original parts and in excellent shape were $50K to $100K.

An Uncle of mine has a Smith and Wesson .44 Special revolver his Grandfather had after he came here from Germany. It does not have the model number stamped on the cylinder crane by mistake. There were 3-5 that got out of the factory before S&W figured it out. He took it to a gun store in Hot Springs and the owner told him he would trade him for any two of his guns in the store. That made my Uncle suspicious so he declined the offer. Then he contacted an appraiser and found out the pistol was worth a minimum of $20,000.00. I would perform the due diligence on that pistol.

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
167 Posts
I am amazed at how easy it is to carry a Glock 21 in the right IWB holster. I am shocked at how easy they are to shoot well for as light as they are. It’s not my favorite but I get why so many people like them.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
S&W K22 is.my current favorite. 6 inch barrel. Made in the 50's. Clean, shoots well. I am teaching the granddaughters to shoot a revolver, S&W 22 on a 32 frame, 4 inch barrel.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts