What is the Best/Worst Concert you have ever attended

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Buba Garrett, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Buba Garrett

Buba Garrett Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

And I want to hear what Ole CP and X and some of those young folks have to say because mine will really date me!

2. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

Thats a tough one, have been a lot of good ones

Best:
    Rock: Van Halen 1980 Invasion
    Country: Eddie Rabbit..Went to the show cause there was nothing else to do. Ended up being one of the best shows I have seen. Had no idea the hits that guy sang/wrote

3. jerry dean

jerry dean Guest

Worst...Hank Jr and George Jones in Pine Bluff back in the early '90s. Jr was drunk and George didn't show up.:smack:

Best...The Stones in Phoenix in '91 or '92.

4. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

worst was my first concert:

Ted Nugent state of shock tour at barton.
    Was cool when he came swingin across the stage in a loin cloth but the music was so loud you couldnt decipher anything he said or what he was playing. Have seen him since and has the sound worked out and plays a great show.

5. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Black Oak Arkansas was unreal for a 14 year old...a real eye opener for a country boy. Bocephus used to put on an awesome show back in the day. I saw the Oak Ridge Boys back when they were still gospel if that dates me. They were with the Happy Goodmans, Statesmen, the Blackwood Brothers and I can't even remember who else.

Best I would have to go with young Hank, worst was also Hank, he had been drinking more than me and neither of us enjoyed it.

6. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

Best - Garth Brooks and Percy Sledge. Can't decide which one of those was the best. When Percy got down on his knees singing "When a man loves a woman" it was the most awesome thing you have ever seen. On the other hand Garth put on one heck of a show.

7. Buba Garrett

Jerry I was at that one too! Wasnt that when Jr couldnt even sit on a stool!
    Best- Eagles as a backup to yes @ Barton back in the early seventies
    Kid Rock in Altel a few years ago! That dude can perform with anyone and also play any instrument!

8. bett_lou

Worst.......KC and the Sunshine Band. :smack:

9. Buba Garrett

Ahh come on Bett I can picture you as a disco queen- I heard you can do wonders with a fire:thumb:

10. bett_lou

You could have went all day without mentioning that fire thing Bubba!!! :wink:

11. jerry dean

jerry dean Guest

Buba...I'm sure that was the one. Myself and 3 other guys drove from about 6 hours from Louisiana. We were told as we were waiting to get in that George wasn't gonna be there and they offered us a full refund, but we decided to stay.
    Wish we didn't. We did leave after Jr. tried to sing his 2nd or 3rd song and had to wait in a line of traffic that was leaving too.

12. Buba Garrett

But it wouldnt have been nere as much fun!:thumb:

13. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    I have been to TSO the last 2 years at the Alltel Arena, and have to say they do a mighty awesome concert.

14. ryanh_johnson

ryanh_johnson Well-Known Member

I havent been but I keep hearing that its great!

15. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

Best was either Eagles or ZZ Top, my personal jury is still out on that one...

Worst was probably Jessie McCartney (Paul's boy). He was a warmer-upper at Razorback stadium, I was there to see Jimmy Buffet!

16. me and Jed A went to that. i agree jessie was pretty boring.

montgomery gentry was here a few years ago with brooks and dunn. pretty sure M&G were drunk cause you could not understand them, plus they seemed not interested in being there

kenny chesney and Alabama put on a good show

17. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

Worst was Josh Turner at Portfest 07 @ Jacksonport (Outside Newport on the White Rivver) and the best was 38 Special at Jacksonport Portfest 06.

18. zane

zane Well-Known Member

Bests- Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney

Worsts- Havn't been to one that really sucked (thankfully)

19. Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

If you're trying to bait me into this topic, it ain't going to happen!:wink:

20. bett_lou

I saw ZZ last year at Jazzfest and they were great.