What is it?

Discussion in 'Trail Cams and Photography' started by AR Thumper, Mar 30, 2018.

1. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Hard to say for sure, but I'm guessing a fox or maybe a bibcat.

AR Thumper likes this.

2. ARoutdoorman

ARoutdoorman Well-Known Member

Bobcat..shape of the back leg looks feline to me

AR Thumper and MSWING12 like this.
  3. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Looks like a bobcat.

AR Thumper likes this.
  4. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Bobcat was my thought too. I have several dogs coming through But this kinda looks like a cat to me. Something killed 2 of my neighbors cats around the same time, BUT I think it was the Dogs that did it. I wish the picture was clearer but it is what it is. Thanks for your replies.

5. Tal_H._Branco

Tal_H._Branco Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Don't know what it actually is, but if you look closely there is something about the neck length, the shape of the ears, and the overall shape and size of the body that just don't jive with "Bobcat". (I've had some folks in NW AR & East OK who have seen and described critter that looks pretty much like this one, but ........ o_O.

AR Thumper likes this.
  6. QuailRidge

QuailRidge Well-Known Member

Giant Anteater. Must have migrated north because of climate change. IMG_1995.jpg

7. whetstone

whetstone Well-Known Member Staff Member

My first thought was badger. They don't usually come over into Arkansas but they are native to Texas and Oklahoma. One could easily have come over into Arkansas. My dad says that he saw one once at Collier Springs between Mt Ida and Glenwood. Said he watched it for a couple of minutes as it was walking down the creek. Said it was so unusual that it took him a minute to figure out what it was.

8. Tal_H._Branco

Tal_H._Branco Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, by dang, with the weather we've been having this winter,I bet that picture was taken when he was hauling his butt back south.

9. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

10. HEVI D

HEVI D Well-Known Member

Baby squatch learning to crawl

Onetrakd likes this.
  11. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Actually it was headed WEST!:)