what is going on!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dkredman, Nov 29, 2012.

1. dkredman

dkredman Well-Known Member

Cabot
    What in the world happened to the dang deer!! I can't seem to see a deer. Anyone else having trouble finding them?

2. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Same here - up until last Friday, seeing two or three deer a sit and getting four or five pics a day on each game cam (foodplots or trails). Since then, seeing 1 or 2 deer ever couple of days and getting a pic a day. I blame it on the full moon - but not even moving at night.

3. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

Been seeing lots of them after 3:30 in the afternoon but nothing worth shooting.

4. dkredman

Cabot
    I haven't seen a deer in 3 days except the ones I've jumped walking in...it sucks!

5. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

All I've seen is a coyote. All I can put together is that the full moon has them moving at night.

6. Plenty to eat+Full moon+rut peaked two weeks ago='s deer are not going to be on their feet near as much during the day........

7. hogman

hogman Well-Known Member

Been slow here too. I didn't even want to hunt this afternoon. I washed my truck.

If you have noticed the last two nights and tonight the moon is unusually bright.

Hopefully eventually they get hungry again.

8. sopranos27

sopranos27 Well-Known Member

I have not seen anything in the last 2 weeks. All my cam pics are showing 8pm, 1-2am and 4am. They have all gone shifted into night mode in my neck of the woods.

9. jody4915

jody4915 Member<br>2010 Predator Contest Winner

51 today, 55 yesterday, 57 the day before. Seeing plenty around here.

10. basshunter

basshunter Well-Known Member

Move if u can. Saw 32 Sunday morning 3 that afternoon. Saw 23 yesterday am with 3 good buck sightings saw 15 yesterday pm and 2 good bucks with one biting the dust.

11. dkredman

Cabot
    I have no where to move to, but with y'all seeing that many deer surely you could help a brother out:)

12. dkredman

Cabot
    I've never seen 57 deer in a day maybe in a week of sitting 12 hours a day...that's just nuts! Where on earth are you hunting?

13. duck

duck Well-Known Member

Moon Light AND Deep Freezers. :cool:

14. ozark outdoorsman

ozark outdoorsman Account Suspended

Took the day off yesterday and seen 94 deer before noon alone, they are definately moving. Get out there.

15. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

I didn't see much maybe 1 or 2 up till Monday afternoon. That afternoon seen 7 bucks and 3 doe all at the same time. The bucks were chaseing the three little doe. One took a nap! The second rut kicked in up here they are chaseing the little doe around now.

16. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

Thats a lot of deer to see before noon. I would be a little concerned about all my pine thickets getting browsed into oblivion if I saw that many. I doubt Ive seen that many in the past two years hunting.

17. dkredman

Cabot
    You have got to be kidding me! You guys are seeing nearly 100 deer and bucks chasing...are we even hunting in the same state? I think I would do good at this point to cash out and quit deer hunting all together and stop wasting my time and money to go sit and watch the wind blow!

18. The key to really seeing big numbers of deer is a good lawnchair and a nice dog box.

19. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

I was filling corn feeders at 12:30 and seen a buck chasing a doe.

20. dkredman

Cabot
    I sat from dawn to 10 and from 1:30 to dark and didn't see a deer...I hate that crap guys...it's so discouraging to go sit for hours and not see a dang thing!