Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyone has done to prepare for all the seasons (dove,deer,duck,etc.)around the corner? I am slacking myself :smack: I really haven't done anything yet, which is totally unlike myself!!!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Nothing yet, i don't want to have a heat stroke.....but the list is fairly short this year since I got a lot done last year in terms of getting all the stands fixed up. The usual bushhogging, discing, planting, prunining limbs starting in September.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, I actually started at the Gun hunt last December to prepare for this year. I built an 8' x10' huntin' shack on my land about 100 yards in the draw behind my house. It is floored, Insulated, sheet rock interior walls, windows on three sides, shingled roof, full sized metal door, carpeted and wired. I just installed a microwave and a small refrigerator. It is heated with a 1500 watt space heater that will run you out of there! I'm working on the shelf for the TV and I think she will be about complete. I know that's "roughing it" a little but I think it will do. Don't even ask how much money I have in it. I'll have to get pictures and post here soon.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Went to the lease and picked up my feeders.... gonna work on them and get them back in good shape... New spin plates, new batteries... etc...

And thats about it.... I did order 2 new sets of tree steps that should be herre in a day or two...

hope to have the feeders back out in a couple of weeks or so.... can't afford to feed for too long these days.

MET

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Getting them ready!

Grandson #2 & #3, Ages 6 and 8 years old. They love shooting the little Browning Lever - 22LR at 25 yards. I still have a ways to go with these two before the squirrel season. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
disced plot a few weeks ago so it'll be easier to break back up this fall. Bought a few pounds of turnip seeds and have been researching other plants to consider this fall. Put out cam and rice bran to get a deer inventory!

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,227 Posts
Put out new salt blocks in May, Keeping a camera out and checking on it once a month. When I complete my hitch this time and due off about middle of Aug. will disk up food plots, have to move 1 stand, and go camping up in Jasper area to scout for elk for my son to hunt in Dec.

·
Registered
972 Posts
HG and I are way behind this year......the floods that came in April kinda put a kink in everything, cuz for awhile, the only way in and out of camp was by boat. We have worked a little on repairing an old stand, put out the game cams, but that's just about it. It's hard to believe that hunting season is just around the corner :smack:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
We finally got our dove field planted abuot a month ago. We got a good stand of sunflowers up and coming in now though. We've shot skeet for the past three weekends and been doing some .22 shooting to get ready for the bushy tails!

My youngest daughter (5 yoa) and I have been cleaning what she calls "duckoys" for the past week and culling out what ain't in real good shape. I've ordered some new dekes to replace the old ones.... not sure that made sense, but we'll see.

I've shot my bow a little bit too and have cleaned up stands and feeders. But wiht the price of grain.... those may sit dormant for a bit 'til some bros start cutting corn!!!!

I did clean out my hunting shed a few weeks ago, but only cause I couldn't walk in and out of it!!!

Me and Big Boy are getting materials to FINALLY put us in a duck shack at the farm. With gas prices as high as they are we had to fix up a shack or stay the heck at home...... and I AIN'T staying home during duck season!

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Like GM said, we are behind.........had 2 cameras out for about a month....put some Trophy rocks out, and re-freshed some mineral licks......did a little weedeating this weekend, where I'm gonna put out a couple of small food plots......no tractor access......got 1 stand in the cabin yard, I am rebuilding from 4X4 to 4x6......got another I need to expand, but it also needs a new roof, since 1 of the storms tore it off.......got another stand to move, but need help to get it out of a log jam, from the spring flood........we'll be behind some more, cause we are moving into a new house the 7th, and it is just almost too hot to work all week, and then work all weekend..........can't wait till it cools off!!!!!!!

Still got to sight GM's Xbow in:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.