Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I heard that you can shoot any duck. Is there any truth to this
Hence the word TEAL SEASON you can only shoot the teal. Dont be surprised to shoot both Green and Blue Wing Teal though. And also dont be too surprised if you see shovelers, widgeon, pintail, wood ducks, and others. Be sure to CLEARLY identify your target before you shoot.

And one other very important thing. SHOOTING HOURS IN TEAL SEASON ARE (SUNRISE TO SUNSET) NOT HALF HOUR BEFORE SUNRISE.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
During the special Teal season you can kill any duck that you want but to be legal and not face any harsh fines or an irate judge I would recommend to just shoot teals :head: If you can't tell a teal from other ducks i recommend that you just forgetaboutit and wait for regular duck season.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
The reason for the legal shooting hours set at sunrise rather than 30 min. before is so that hunters can more easily identify the teal. It's not that difficult for a duck hunter new to the sport to not be able to properly identify ducks on the wing. Once you kill a few teal it is pretty easy to identify and distinguish them from woodies, gadwalls and early migrating pintails.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Ummm no.....Teal only during teal season....If you have doubts about what teal look like I strongly suggest going with someone who can clearly identify them for ya.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.