Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Well just my 2 cents... Looks they was moving/feeding good until the wind storm/acorns started to fall. Since then they don't have to move off bedding areas to far to feed so they don't have to move around much. When they are moving it seems to be right at dark, and a little after. Hopefully when the cooler weather moves in tomorrow. It will get them up and moving a little more, if it doesn't, they may not move much until the rut comes in. Food is not gonna be a problem for them for a while now ??? :head: Maybe we can get a early snowfall this year too !

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I haven't been in the woods, due to work, but I am seeing deer moving in the middle of the day and right at dark!!!

It might just be that the city deer I am seeing are moving middle of the day...I dunno.......:head:

·
Super Moderator
9,786 Posts
Just in the last month or so road-scouting (driving back and forth from MO to AR) I have noticed considerably less deer movement lately.

This could be due to many factors: people going in and out of the woods scouting or setting up, acorns dropped and they have to move less to find food sources, moving more during the day (most of my driving is done at dusk) perhaps due to the cooler temps.

Or this could mean nothing at all other then the fact that I just haven't been seeing as many deer.

No matter where they are though, they should still be in their feeding/bedding pattern.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I put up a ground blind on top of my 20' water tower at the track Saturday and set and watched 8 doe feed at a oak tree for 30 min. This tree is in the middle of a field and it was right right before dark when thay walked over 100 yards to this tree. I left when it got dark. Thay are moving:head:. Thay ave stoped hitting my feed.:banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.