what do you guys have on top of your marlin model 60's?

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by tkcampb1, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I got one for Christmas and want to get a scope for my birthday come March.
    I've looked at all rimfire scopes I can find online but can not decide. I am wanting something in the $50 - $100 range. fixed 4x or 3 x 9? Also, what do you guys know about the smart 22 scopes, made my BSA I think?

the only thing I'm certain of is that I want the scope to be black matte and have a 1" tube.

thanks,
    looking forward to your responses!

2. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I've had a Tasco 4x32 on mine forever. A lot cheaper than what you're talking. I dont mind having cheap glass a 22.

I've never had a problem with the cheap Tascos, but the adjustments are usually fussy. That's a real pain in the butt when I have the same scope on my muzzleloader. Add's a lot of time at the range, but with a 22, it's no big deal.

3. neahunter12

neahunter12 Well-Known Member

I think when it comes to cheaper scopes simmons is best I had a simmons blazer 3-9x40 on my old savage and it came with it and I thought I was going to replace it because its cheap but nope I left it on there because it worked perfectly fine. It worked surprisingly well at low light. Only thing I can complain about is the power ring is a little stiff. Its almost as good as a nikon prostaff but the prostaff has a little better glass and the nikon looks better.
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/simmons-blazer-3-9x40mm-riflescope-510513.html

4. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

Ryno has a tasco red-dot on his and it is money. squirrel killing machine!:thumb:

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    I had a 3x9x32 on mine when I had it. My brother needed a rimfire rifle and really couldn't budget one at the time and I gave him mine. It brought home many squirrels before I got rid of it.

6. sportsmanetc

sportsmanetc Well-Known Member

My father has a 3-9x32 simmons on his. It's been on there as long as I can remember him having the rifle. Great little scope.

7. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

Last I looked you could get a Nikon 4X32 Rimfire Classic for around $100 online. Clear as gin.

8. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

i have one of these scopes and really like it. they can be found on ebay for 100 if you keep an eye out

9. Thanks for all the input!

Academy has a Nikon ProStaff 3x9x40 onsale this week, reg. $159 now $99. I am going to try and get this for my Model 60 if at all possible. Gotta get clearance from the wife first ($100 purchases and above). Being $60 cheaper will be my selling tactic! :biggrin:

10. I had to go to 2 different Academys before I found one in stock...but I got it!!! Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40. Should look good once mounted! I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

11. Dapro

Dapro Well-Known Member

I have a BSA 4x32 on mine, going strong for a couple years now...3-9x40 seems like alot for a .22....but thats me

comparison shot
    [​IMG]

12. Nocked

Nocked Well-Known Member

13. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Time to head to the range and get 'er dialed in!! :thumb:

14. jrock

jrock Well-Known Member

Looks good! Love me some Nikon :up:

15. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Very nice! Now go bust some heads. :up:

16. Thanks guys! I'm very excited/anxious to dial'r in.

I'm kinda thinking I should have gotten taller rings...the scope just clears the rear sight, probably by an 1/8 an inch or so. I could have slid it forward a little more to get more clearance but I left if where my eye relief felt comfortable.

17. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    As long as it's not touching anything you are fine.

18. rtipton

rtipton Well-Known Member

LR
    Very nice set-up. I have had a Marlin 60 for many years and it is a reliable, good-shooting gun. I am refitting it with a NcStar scope next week.

rtipton

19. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

Dust. It was my first rifle and I simply failed to keep it cited in. Got a Remington from my g-dad several years back and use it now.