Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Administrator
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like I lose something every year.

This year I lost a custom Woodhaven slate call and two strikers. :smack:

I have an Epeard's vest and I love it for sitting, etc. but if you dont remember to zip the pockets every time you move you stand a very good chance of something falling out.

· Premium Member
17,138 Posts
It seems like I lose something every year.

This year I lost a custom Woodhaven slate call and two strikers. :smack:

I have an Epeard's vest and I love it for sitting, etc. but if you dont remember to zip the pockets every time you move you stand a very good chance of something falling out.
I have'nt lost anything that I know of.I always tie my pot and striker together with a string about a foot long.

· Registered
541 Posts
my dog house ground blind. i have 100 acres behind my house that my neighbor and i hunt. the property dosent belong to ether of us. and the real estate folks have been showing it some after they contact us to be sure we arnt hunting. well the week before season started we got the call that they would be showing it that week. i had set up my blind on the edge of a field just inside the tree line.got up at 4 on opening morning and was looking for my blind at 5:30. by 5:45 i was thinking maybe i dreamed about setting up the blind. by 6 15 it was light enough to see my bag with my decoys laying just in side the wood line. right where i left them. my first thought was my neighbor was playing a trick on me. but after he shot a bird at 7. i walked to where he was and asked him about it. nope not him. the wind had blown pretty hard in mid week so wee thought maybe the wind got it. we searched the woods all day and never found a trace.my guess is some one they showed the property to came back and got my blind. that is the only thing i can come up with. there is only 1 road in and no riding trails leading to the property. i hate to point my finger at anyone but i have a good idea who did it so now im taking pictures of the road in. the next person thats not supposed to be there at least i will know they were there and be able to prove it.

· Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
All I lost I know of was a flashlight, but I found it 2 days later in the water about 8 inches deep where I cross a little creek. Didn't work and the batteries were starting to rust, but it should work with some new batteries, but waterproof as advertised it was not...

· Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
A striker ,5 pounds,$340 in gas and hours and hours of sleep.:biggrin:
:biggrin: :clap: I lost the sleep, I'm not sure about the weight, I think I did, but I ate enough to put it back on this last weekend with cookouts and stuff!!! Definitely lost on the gas for the truck too though...

I lost a place to hunt.:mad:
OUCH!!! Hopefully you'll find another spot before next spring...

· Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Lost my ponytail....shouldn't ever told about shooting at that old Tom flying away....lost my rathole money, gas ate all that and then some....lost sleep, and that's pretty bad when you normally can't sleep till the wee hours, and instead you waste those wee hours trying to shoot a wild turkey when its easier to go to the store for a butterball....er uh, I meant; send the wife to town to get supper!:smack:

· Registered
3,451 Posts
I usually lose something each year. This year I almost lost a hand made striker that was given to me and a shooting stick. Fortunately, I noticed their absence soon enough to retrace my steps and find them. I did lose my hen turkey decoy. I guess it fell out of my vest while I was running over hill and dale chasing a gobbling turkey. A few years ago I lost my favorite box call.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.