Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a hen's nest awhile ago in 100yds of my house while I was bush-hoggin! About a dozen purty speckled eggs...I didn't run over it nor the hen:wink: I get to watch something I never had the opportunity before!:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
We thought we found a perfect matching set of sheds in Kansas at first glance, but it ended up being someones lost set of Primos Rattling Antlers, chewed up by the squirrels.

I found the bear that was making the tracks around my stomping grounds! Last Thursday, I got to watch him/her walk down the main road toward me from 175 yards away. Got within 75 yards when it figured out that me and the truck didn't belong there. No video camera or regular camera with me:smack: .

I also found something out......my sweet seductive calling is not as pretty and convincing as I thought with a complete strikeout here at home this season.:frown:

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
I found that the wilderness around Custer South Dakota was the finest hunting I have ever got to experience- even though them western turkeys did allot of edumacating me!
I found a Silva compass and a pair of Oakley Sunglasses
I found out my wife doesnt think I am as near of a good turkey guide as I DID!:smack:

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
I found some sheds, jawbone of a deer, broken pottery from an old homeplace, a rock that looks like a long, skinny loaf of bread and a spring coming out of a ridge. The coolest thing I've ever found was an old school bell in the same area. That was last year though! I'm surprised I didn't find a snake this year!:eek:

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
I found a couple of shed antlers and some new deer hunting spots. My BIL found an arrowhead back where we hunt in the dark one morning walking in. He happened to get off trail and his flashlight caught the glint of it... I think he is a magnet finding those things, he does it all the time!!!:biggrin: Oh yeah, how could I forget that I found the motherlode of gnats and mosquitoes!!!:smack:

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,107 Posts
We thought we found a perfect matching set of sheds in Kansas at first glance, but it ended up being someones lost set of Primos Rattling Antlers, chewed up by the squirrels.

I found the bear that was making the tracks around my stomping grounds! Last Thursday, I got to watch him/her walk down the main road toward me from 175 yards away. Got within 75 yards when it figured out that me and the truck didn't belong there. No video camera or regular camera with me:smack: .

I also found something out......my sweet seductive calling is not as pretty and convincing as I thought with a complete strikeout here at home this season.:frown:
Hey Juice, If it's any consolation, I think your sweet seductive calling is prettier than a red speckled pup.....IN A TOTALLY HETROSEXUAL WAY, OF COURSE!!!

·
Premium Member
18,386 Posts
Small 7 point skull.

Found out how close I could let a snake get while watching a strutting tom. For those interested, it is about two feet! Any closer and I was outta there.

Found out how high both I and an armidillo can jump when our paths crossed in the middle of a field before daylight one morning. Again, for those interested, a grown man, reasonably healthy, fully loaded with turkey gear, can indeed out jump a young seemingly healthy armidillo.

I also found out that (for the bizzilionth time) that if you aren't where a gobbler wants to be, you can't kill him.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I found an old bottle. One side reads R.V. Pierce, MD. The other reads Buffalo, NY. A little internet research dates it maybe as early as 1880, as late as 190_. If anybody knows anything about bottles and wants a pic, let me know.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I found that I would much rather hunt Rios in Oklahoma than to hunt the only stubborn old bird that would gobble on my lease.

Well on second thought I love both. I love to hunt a bird that tests my limits, it does feel better if you are successfull in the end. But heck I did have fun with him anyhow. I think the tough old birds that school you make for almost as good of memories as the easy ones. They certainly make you a better hunter and make you appriciate the easy ones.

I found that even when the conditions are bad, I still love to watch the world wake in in Gods glorious creation.

I found that as I age I enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Its so much more about the hunt than the hero shot and the fried turkey, I can always buy a Butterball.

Boom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.