What boat should I get?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Fosto, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Fosto

Fosto Well-Known Member

I have been looking at new boats and Im wondering if I should get the new edge, excel f4, or war eagle. Any help would b great

2. white river b

white river b Well-Known Member

You will definitely increase your kills/catches with an edge.

3. DHunt85

DHunt85 Well-Known Member

And this is why the waterfowl forum has so many problems, let it go

4. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with any of those choices, get the one you can afford and like the feel of. What size are you looking for?

5. Just wen through this myself. I really wanted the excel boat, but just couldn't justify paying for it at this time. I ended up with the excel 656 with a 25 etec.

6. Gunslinger501

Gunslinger501 Well-Known Member

12ft Jon boat with a 9.9 last u forever .. Get what u want I have a edge love it my buddy has a war eagle I like it and excel look sweet haven't been in one .. All u r going to get by the question u asked is a bunch of bs

7. madduck87

madduck87 Well-Known Member

See what you your price range is, then find some people with em and talk ot them or if they good buddies see if u can drive em, its all personal preference on opinions, so make your own and get what you would be happy with

I will say i have an express 15x46, only thing i would change is i have the two deck system, i do like the ones with the one big high deck, more storage and a bigger standing area while fishin, if i could make that change i would

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  8. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

x2....they are all good boats and will last you a lifetime

9. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

Yep they all said it pretty good. See what your price range is and then try and ride in some of the ones you want to help you make your decision. Also think about what you want your boat to do for you. That being Said any boat you get will be good

10. hhunter

hhunter Well-Known Member

I have an excel 1544 viper duck boat. I love it. I really wanted an F4 but couldn't justify spending $12,000. My boat is very sturdy and rides great in rougher water which is good for fishing lakes.

11. buck n duck

buck n duck Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Winner

Everybody else on hear hates them I guess because noone ever talks about them but I have a 1548 G3 and really like it. It's not the fastest boat out there but it is TOUGH, and is very stable. Only thing I would change is maybe putting storage in the pods. Just throwing that out there as one to go look at. I would go look at as many boats as possible and just see which one YOU like best.

12. hhunter

hhunter Well-Known Member

Please find some new material.

13. Razorback123

id let you ride around in my edge sometime when im on christmas break back in LR from college since you live in sherwood.

14. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

why so nice all of sudden?!!

15. SCDuck

SCDuck Well-Known Member

SC
    I would check the hull the hull thickness especially if you're using it for hunting. Some boats have thinner hull thicknesses.

16. Razorback123

who know shifty!!! Guess the haters havent seen the thread yet.

17. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

I have a 1548 War Eagle. It has the duck bill, which is nice but the lights already don't work.. Needs more storage spaces under the rear pods and front deck. Other than those complaints It seems to really handle well. My motor is a Yamaha 25 4 stroke which I am coming to find out is not enough motor for my large self + gear and people.

18. Fosto

Fosto Well-Known Member

I'm thinkn bout Getting the excel, the price range is not a problem. Ive rode in my buddies war eagle with a 50 on it. But I like the way the excel looks

19. Razorback123

PM me if you wanna ride around in mine sometime. I think it might change your mind to actually ride around in a boat. What set up are you gonna have are you wanting a river boat or what?