Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so many times we get caught up in wanting (as evidenced by many of the threads on this board) that we take little time for being thankful for what we have, so

Lord,

thank you for the beauty You have bestowed on this world,
for rice and beans and oaks,
for that faint sound of wind through feathers in the darkness,
for the sun burning through those low clouds on the horizon,
for the rain dripping on (and sometimes through) the roof of the blind,
for my dad, my friends, standing with me in knee deep water,
for another year with nothing worse than a few ringing ear drums
and some icy plunges,
for a wife that only threatens to leave me because of my early morning vices,
for the harvest-that short moment by which we too often judge the experience as a whole,
for the moments that last til memory fades...

shifty

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Good post Shifty. I realize that your post is more concerned with duck hunting, but I'm going to go a bit broader, especially since I'm not nearly as creative or poetic as you are.

I am thankful for good friends, who support me in the good times and the bad times, and continue to take me hunting/fishing although I can't necessarily pay them back for it.

I am thankful for my family. My parents, brother, beautiful wonderful wife Aurea, extended family (I have great In-Laws, believe it or not), and my newly born baby boy Jude who is my pride and joy.

I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and have jobs to afford a decent living.

I'm thankful that I'm healthy.

I'm thankful for this beautiful fascinating world that we live in.

I'm thankful that I survived another duck season and that I got to spend valued time with my good friends.

Most of all, I'm thankful for my relationship with Jesus Christ. Although I'm a goober, he always takes me back (and my wife too for that matter).

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Gentlemen, I dont think it could be said any better than y'all have already done. I thank Him every morning as the sun starts up for being allowed to see another one and for the hope that evrybody enjoys them sunrises like we do...Amen...d2

·
Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also burnt bacon fake egg and cheese biscuits and a pile of empty mt. dew bottles in my floorboard

shifty

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you Lord

I am thankful for everyday that I wake up still breathing,
for the smell of coffee first thing in the morning,
for my loving wife and family who supports me in everything I do
for the site of the sun just breaking over the eastern horizon as the steam starts to rise off the first frost of the year,
for the good lord above giving me the ability to take his creations of the forrest to feed my family,
for the smell of the great outdoors and the feel of the wind against face as I sit in my tree stand or sit on the river bank enjoying everyday that God has given to me.:amen:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I'm thankful to just be alive since 7/12/07
I'm thankful for a wonderful Mother, Wife, Daughter, Son, Granddaughter & Grandson.
I'm thankful we were spared last night 2/4/08
I'm thankful for all who were spared last night.
I'm thankful for my sight, which allows me to see so much of God's wonderful creation.
I'm thankful to be healthy enough to get out in nature, sit & enjoy it.
I'm thankful to be still healthy enough to work.
I'm thankful to be saved & know where I'm going when this life ends. (That shoulda been first)
I'm thankful for the comraderie I've found here on this little site.
I'm thankful that SingleShotSally don't mind me spending all this time on this little site. ha
Heck, I'm even thankful for cell phones, where I can talk to my wife when she's coming in after dark, where we both can feel better about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts