What are these worth?

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Black_Foot, May 17, 2017.

1. Black_Foot

Black_Foot Well-Known Member

SW AR
    Came across these Daisy 22s today. 1 bolt action, 1 semi auto and 1 single shot. In fair condition 6/10. Just curious if they have any value as collection guns.

Attached Files:

2. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd be worth much. Let me know if you wanna sell one.

3. Black_Foot

SW AR
    I haven't bought them yet. Guy showed them to me because he knows that I buy,sell and trade a lot of guns. He said that all 3 had to stay together, I haven't made him an offer yet because I honestly didn't know Daisy made a 22 before today and I had no clue if the value.

4. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

I hadn't either. I like that Woodstock on the left with the scope though. Hopefully you find out and get a good deal.

5. QuailRidge

QuailRidge Well-Known Member

I've seen a bolt daisy. Didn't know they made more than one model. Sure would make some nice conversation pieces even if they don't shoot well. No idea what to offer for them.

6. Black_Foot

SW AR
    I almost spouted off $225 for the set but didn't want to insult the guy and didn't really know if that was too much. I'm with you on the conversation piece, don't know many guys that can say "check out my daisy 22 collection".

thompson likes this.
  7. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member

I'll give you $225 today for them.

You sure they aren't .22 caseless guns? Value would be through the roof if any of them are.

8. Black_Foot

SW AR
    No clue, what do I need to look at to tell.

9. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member

I think they were VL models.

10. Black_Foot

SW AR
    Ok, I'll do a little research on them and check them out.

11. nick83

nick83 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>2014

cabot
    I have one that my grandpa bought me new 25ish years ago. Has a push button to extend the stock. I tried to look it up and I think most of them are recalled.

12. d2

d2 Well-Known Member

I wish I had a closet full of that VL ammo. I could of bought a VL rifle and a carton of ammo in the late 70's but didn't have 50 bucks. Solid rocket fuel ammo...d2

13. CoyoteControlInc

CoyoteControlInc Well-Known Member

I had a bolt action Daisy .22 when I was younger. It was not a caseless. It was pretty cheap brand new but I've never seen another one. Now I wish I had it back! It didn't look like any of those though. Mine had a synthetic black stock and the bolt was shaped kinda funny best I remember. I'm no help on value. Sorry.

14. ar_lawngod

ar_lawngod Well-Known Member

NW AR
    The agent that I work with actually worked at Daisy when they made them. He has one that they gave to the employees at the time. His is the semi-auto. He said they actually made camo synthetic stocks but decided they didn't like them. So they had to destroy them all. He wished he would have smuggled a set out back then for his gun. Didn't know they existed until we were talking about it one day.

15. Vern Humphrey

Vern Humphrey Well-Known Member

There are several Daisy .22s on sale on eBay right now. Asking price varies from $400 to $100. The caseless model as I recall is the VL. The powder was ignited by diesel action -- compressed air. So if the markings on the gun don't tell you, look where the firing pin should be. Cock and dry fire the gun.