Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not too sure on the handgun laws. If you do not have a CCL can you still have a pistol in your truck as long as it is plain sight and doesnt have one in the pipe and the mag is unloaded? Wanting to get my CCL soon but just wanted to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
No ammo in any area of vehicle unless it is locked. For instance in glove box locked or in the trunk of the car or toolbox of truck. May be some other ways they can get you im not aware of.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Im not too sure on the handgun laws. If you do not have a CCL can you still have a pistol in your truck as long as it is plain sight and doesnt have one in the pipe and the mag is unloaded? Wanting to get my CCL soon but just wanted to know. Thanks!
You can, but they can make it very miserable on ya, if they want to.....best to get the permit if you plan on a daily carry:wink:

·
Registered
10,474 Posts
Arkansas is not an open carry state. You can't carry a weapon around legally in you vehicle. You can carry a handgun on a journey. This is somewhat gray but is generally considered more than 15 miles from your normal haunt. I was told this by an attorney and read it on a concealed carry website.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Arkansas is not an open carry state. You can't carry a weapon around legally in you vehicle. You can carry a handgun on a journey. This is somewhat gray but is generally considered more than 15 miles from your normal haunt. I was told this by an attorney and read it on a concealed carry website.
I was once told the same thing by a police officer friend of mine.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
I work a farm where there is always gonna be a reason to have a belted pistol or at least a 22 rifle in the vehicle. I've been in the presence of both types of LEOs and nobody ever told me I was breaking the law. I often need to use a spotlinght to find a cow having a calf or the fence down....have never been cited for night hunting. If I'm breaking any laws I'd appreciate it if somebody would clarify.:wink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
John,

I imagine that LEOs in the rural areas are using their discretion as to whether a citation is warranted. I have always packed a gun of some sort when out in areas like that, and have never been hassled. Now, if a North Little Rock police officer stopped you, and you had a loaded handgun strapped on in plain sight.....I see you going straight to jail (or at the very least losing your weapon).

Technically, you are breaking the carry laws. But.........fortunately, we still have some LEOs that can think for themselves...........

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you cant have it in plain sight unloaded and have the mag somwhere else unloaded. I guess if its in a case and its unloaded and the mag elsewhere thats asking for trouble too? Time for the CCL class for me. Where is the best place to take the class around NLR? At Dons?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts