Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
just curios what everybody's plans were for the upcoming deer season if you were going to put out anything different this year or plant anything different :head:
I'm not gonna plant nuthin this year, and I'm gonna save as much ammo as I can in case we have a war in november! One shot one kill...a sniper's motto!:wink:

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
I'm not gonna plant nuthin this year, and I'm gonna save as much ammo as I can in case we have a war in november! One shot one kill...a sniper's motto!:wink:
I been wondering when is it time to start shooting....I'll be over here loading mags and clips! :flag:

Oh, and John, are you still looking for that SKS trigger group? Ain't NOBODY I know has a spare, but I keep an eyeball peeled, just in case! :bigwink:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
My plan for this year is hunt earlier in the season. I am going to hunt in shorts and t-shirt in the blind when its hot in early Oct. I bought a ThermaCell last year and it has made a believer out of me so I will have it at all times.

Never had the $ or equipment to plant anything. Sometimes we put corn out on the ground but I dont know if we will this year since its so high.

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Well, I went down to our deer camp with a friend on Tuesday evening and we scouted out a new area we are going to clear and put a food plot in. It is going to be an AWESOME spot. :eek: So, our plans are to clear that area, then spray weed killer on it and let it sit for a month or so, then go back in and till it up, then go back in late august and till up again and plant. Also have to build a ground blind for it (See "wooden ground blind" post.)

Thats abut it for this year. :up:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
I been wondering when is it time to start shooting....I'll be over here loading mags and clips! :flag:

Oh, and John, are you still looking for that SKS trigger group? Ain't NOBODY I know has a spare, but I keep an eyeball peeled, just in case! :bigwink:
Yeah, buddy! I wouldn't mind getting my second SKS shooting, and that's all I need to accomplish the task!:wink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the reason for my question is i'm hunting down south for the first time and was wondering if there's any difference than other places about what to feed or plant. thanks for the any help you can give :thumb:

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
the reason for my question is i'm hunting down south for the first time and was wondering if there's any difference than other places about what to feed or plant. thanks for the any help you can give
Well I don't feed corn anyway, it just isn't for me. Too much money $6/bag for 20 weeks. As far as planting, maybe 1 small field of oats or wheat but nothing else. Fertilizer is to high, seed is to high, fuel is to high. Just not needed by me, because my private land spot isn't worth a hoot to hunt anyway. Besides I hunt public land 90% of the time. If I had a big lease or something, then maybe.

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,107 Posts
I'll probably just hope for a decent acorn crop where I hunt. Corn is too high, and I've never really been impressed with the results. In the area I hunt, if there are any acorns at all to be found, they don't really pay much attention to corn. I've had good luck with rice bran during early bow season, but just like everything else, the price of it has gone up.

We ALL better touch up on our survival skills.....We may be hunting for food instead of fun before it's over......

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I'll probably plant a couple food plots in September. I'm going to spend more time hunting predators and small game and less time on deer. My #1 goal this season is to take a bobcat with my bow using a hand call. As the season gets closer things always seem to change though. :dontknow:

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
990 Posts
I plan to hunt strictly oak flats if the acorn crop is good this year. I spoke to the owner of a feed store a few weeks ago, and he said that so far only 9% of America's corn had been planted due to all the rain up north. He said that as of now, corn will be at least $12-$13 per bag this fall. Theres no way i can afford that....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.