What 3-D deer target do you use?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Hallboy17, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Hallboy17

Hallboy17 Well-Known Member

What 3-D deer target do you use? I want to get a good target, but I don't want to break the bank either.

2. mathewsman07

mathewsman07 Well-Known Member

I had a Delta buck but it didn't last very long so I wouldn't recommend it. I'm thinkin about getting a Glendel buck. It just seems like it last longer than the others and the original one don't cost but $160.

3. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

I've got a Delta buck as well. It isn't holding up great considering I haven't fired a lot of arrows into it. I'm a big fan of the bag targets, but I do like having a 3D deer to take a few shots at as well.

Brian

4. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

I have a Delta backyard buck that is 2 seasons old. I leave it out in the weather a lot so it's not real pretty and my black lab got ahold of the head so he's headless but still does what I need it to. I think it's been worth the $80

5. Deerguru

Deerguru Well-Known Member

I have the delta buck, redhead boar & a couple of bag targets.

DG

6. Hallboy17

Acadamy Sports has the Delta Riverbottom Buck for $89 and the Glendel Buck for $149. They may go on clearance after Christmas if they still have any stock.

7. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

I usually buy the cheapo delta's and just buy a new one each year. They work and last long enough for a season for me. I bought a glendale once and found out real fast it has metal frame inside of it. I ruined a few arrows and that was enough for me. I'll never buy another one. Probably shot it 50 times and returned it.

8. flippinhntr

flippinhntr Well-Known Member

STAY AWAY FROM THE GLENDEL BUCK!!!! This is the most worthless piece of crap I have ever bought. The insert in mine started falling apart after around 1,000 shots m/l. The backstrap piece which holds the insert in place cannot take the torque from repeated shooting from a 60 to 70 lb bow. The company did send me a replacement backstrap.....that didn't fit. THEY ARE :censored: JUNK!!!:down:

9. Hallboy17

The Delta Riverbottom Buck states that the body is made out of similar material as the insert. For $89 you probably can't beat it.

10. diggercat

diggercat Well-Known Member

You get what you pay for.

11. Hallboy17

Maybe...maybe not. Some guys on here paid more and got the Glendale Buck target and had bad experiences with it.

There are good products that don't cost a lot....like my CVA Optima Pro. I can't imagine a better shooting muzzleloader, and they are not too expensive.

But in general, I'd agree with you get what you pay for.