Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, big difference......Hope you had on some tick dope!!!
I did! But I was on my 4whlr the whole time until the end when I had to clear a few limbs off those pines. The guy in the picture is my dad. You can't really tell it by the pictures because I was standing on my 4whlr when I took them, but I walked out in the weeds once and they were over my head and I'm 6'1". It was a thick mess out there!:smack: Glad I have it done now!!:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going out Tuesday to clear out a few areas. I am mainly going to mow, but MAybe I can get a small plot planted. I'll be doing lot's more next spring, as I am not deploying next year!
Glad to hear that Hudge! Hope you kill a big en!!!!!!:up: We are going back in a couple weeks and try to plant something. Wish we had a disc. :smack: We were thinking about using a tiller, but as you can see, that area is a little large for a tiller. :smack: I wonder if that "hot spot" stuff you can get that is just kind of a throw and grow would work in that spot. :head:

·
Super Moderator
9,915 Posts
Heck yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
I'd spray it dead....then till! You need to put a feeder there, while you work the ground.... especially after you have the ground done and it begins to grow...then once it is strong, you can taper off on the feeder and change it into a mineral lick. Your little place will become a landmark for the deer if you work it right! My son made a spot like that, and when he went back to till.....the hogs had rooted it up. If you could figure out a way to get the hogs started in there....you will have a "no-till" situation!:fit::up:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.