Well......

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by THExONE, Jan 7, 2011.

1. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

For the first time in as long as I can remember I have the house to myself until tomorrow night. All four kids and the wife are gone. I don't know what to do with myself.

I want to go try and stick one in the morning I just can't seem to motivate myself. I have only seen a handful of deer in the woods this year and that is playing on my mind, in addition all the hunting forecasts look pretty dismal. I know they probably dont mean a whole heck of a lot but they do boost my confidence level and help me stay in the tree longer.

At the same time I am telling myself, I would pay for this opportunity on most occasions and the season end is drawing near. I am threatened with tag soup for the first time in several years. I am thinking I will sleep in, that is about 730-8 for me, then go climb a tree. Can't kill one from the couch.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Got the house to my self to all kids are gone. Her birthday was Wed. An her friends are throwing a sleep over. The problem I have is my back is out an can't hardly walk.

3. THExONE

Well a bad back is worse than no motivation that's for sure. My wife had surgery last week and she is finally feeling good enough to go have a girls night and watch some sappy movies with her gf's and she took the youngest with her. The other three are with their other dad. I just don't know what to do woth myself. Normally I have this type thing planned out but this time was unexpected.

4. Tink

I had everything plan out until today around 11 when my back went out. I can't walk hardly at all so she puts me in bed with remote tea and a bottle to pee in said she be back in the moring. I have this ram to cut up an can't do that right now.

5. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

GOSH yall are OLD. Yall are depressing me!!!!!:biggrin:

6. THExONE

Bell, me and a buddy are going to go fart around tomorrow. I would be happy to come give you a hand butchering that dude if you need. I am pretty handy with a blade.

7. THExONE

What you got going on that's so exciting mossy?

8. Tink

Well if I am not better by noon tomarrow I going to ER but , if not heck might take you up on it.

9. THExONE

Heck man I'd like to see that sum gun and meet ur punk stew anyway. I will shoot you a pm with my number. Give me a shout, if I don't answer its cause I'm in the woods with no service and I will shout back as soon as I get back in service. I ain't far from ya and we are only headed over to Madison wma so I won't be far away.

10. Tink

10-4 Got the pm. I am out Meds kicking in. :up:

11. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I was thinking of calling over that way in the morning.

12. MatthewsMan

MatthewsMan Well-Known Member

No wife...no kids...no question. I'm in the woods. I can relate to the lack of motivation but well I just think it's like fly fishing...each cast you just can't help but wonder..."is this the one" and then it happens when you least expect it. As for me I'm about tanked out with spreading corn and hanging stands but tomorrow and possibly with some snow I got at least one more week in me. If I tag something then I have lots to be thankful for and if I don't no time wasted in my book! Get the heck out there cuz this might be the cast!

13. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne

When it all comes together its worth the extra effort

14. THExONE

I talked myself into going. Went from 10 to dark and didn't see a hair. Typical of my season.......

15. MatthewsMan

MatthewsMan Well-Known Member

Sorry that you didn't see anything...had many of those experiences this year. I found a new place to hunt up here in Bella Vista and hunted it this morning...saw 8-10 does around 9:15. Super quiet. Totally snuck up on me and as a result I spooked them off. The wind was blowing perfectly from the Northwest and as luck would have it they went southeast right into my scent. Oh well there's always tomorrow! Don't give up. When it happens all of those no-deer sits are long forgotten.