Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For duck seson to start. Now that I got turkey season out of the way it's back to the ducks. We already started planning fo our next Delta Waterfowl banquet and how to raise money for it. Would anyone be interested in coming to a skeet shootin competition this summer.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Was watching Timber Heat this morning.. thinking about fixin up my small boat up with a blind and camo.. Myself and a buddy found some nice flloded timber last year, and it sure would be alot quicker motoring a small boat into it.. than paddlin piroque's 30+minutes..

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Was watching Timber Heat this morning.. thinking about fixin up my small boat up with a blind and camo.. Myself and a buddy found some nice flloded timber last year, and it sure would be alot quicker motoring a small boat into it.. than paddlin piroque's 30+minutes..
So did ya'll build or buy your pirogues? My dad and I build one about 5 years ago and that thing has been a life saver in the duck woods! Awesome little boat.

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
I use a canoe alot duck hunting on WMA's. As far as I know, there is no restriction. I hope not anyway now!!!:smack: Seriously, we even use it some floating small creeks and rivers and jumpshooting ducks. As long as you aren't running a motor you are OK shooting out of the boat according to regs. I've never been on a WMA where you couldn't use a canoe in the flooded water. And to answer your first question, YES... I am ready for duck season!:biggrin:

·
Registered
491 Posts
So did ya'll build or buy your pirogues? My dad and I build one about 5 years ago and that thing has been a life saver in the duck woods! Awesome little boat.
I have built a small one man piroque many years ago, and was destroyed in a storm. Since then it's store bought, 2man.. just enough room for myself, dekes, etc..and love it, being able to get into areas too deep to wade and too shallow to motor into..As for using them in WMA's there's no restriction to any i know of.. unles you put a trolling motor on one.. then it has to be registered...

·
Banned
991 Posts
i am.....ready to sell all of my stuff. i ain't going to be able to afford to hunt this year it doesn't look like. gas to hunt as much as i do is going to kill me.:smack: there isn't anywhere within reasonable distance of my house to hunt:down:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.