Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not to argue, but I do know a guy that found a big nest who thought it looked really good draped across his elk mount in his living room.
That is until his house was swarming with hornets a couple days later.
Man i just googled it lol was not trying to be a smart alec and sometimes expierence is the best teacher. You guys had me paranoid on the drive back. I always wanted one found a smaller one a couple years ago and when i went to try and get it someone hade beat me to it. Another one I saw that was twice the size of this one got blown up probaly by a shotgun. Kinda scarce and just about every good outdoorsman Ive met has one in their man cave lol.
That is an awesome gun, if I had to replace my 30.30 I’d want that one. How do you like it?
I really like it. It has become my favorite firearm and rather carry it then my bar in the woods. It is really accurate too and built like a tank. The sights are the skinner peep sights and are really good but my eyesight is bad so most likely I will always keep 50 yards and under. Ruger is really doing right by marlin and the build quality is top notch. Maybe next year if I can afford it id really like the 1985 guide gun. I picked one of those up and it is a tank too. My pawnshop has a remington built marlin with about a 22 inch barrel and I think ruger is on another level
producing these guns.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This one was taken down on November 23, 2017, temperature in the twenties. It had a lot of hornets in it. Although dormant and easy to shake out, it had a lot of hornets in it. But also a big nest(23” long) View attachment 379080
did you do anything to this one like put a clear coat over it? Im going to super glue some of the looser pieces. This one is actually kinda large just a wierd angle on the photo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts