Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Picture for fun.

Back to the topic.

I once casted up into an old rusty (piece of a car??) and pulled out a fine Bass @ Tom's Lake in Bradford. And we have set yo-yos out on Bradford Lake and caught fish by an old refrigerator in the water. And finally I;ve caught fish in some of the ditches @ searcy over behind Food King when I was younger. :smack:

***Lets here some good--erns :thumb:

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
I was fishing a tournament once and threw across a root wad right at the edge of the water and my spinnerbait was hanging about 4 inches out of the water and a bass jump up and hooked himself. And yes it was a keeper. :smack: :thumb:

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
Played hooky in high school... went with a buddy several times to Lake Pine Bluff. We would go to the little three-gate dam which was made of gates and then stacked timbers behind (I guess to prevent someone from breaking the lifters and cranking up a gate...???) Anyway, there was a span of foot or so deep water that was about 3 ft. wide by about 8 ft. long between each gate and the timbers. We would drop in little jigs and pull out 7-10 inch long bass about as fast as we could drop the lure in...

Then, the year of the big draw-down to supposedly clean up the nasty chemicals (PCBs), we went to the dam and tied on treble hooks and snagged snakes all afternoon off the dam. We hooked one that we could not pull up. We estimate the snake was at least 8 ft. long. the head was bigger than my fist. We could not pull it out. Some old colored men were standing at a car just laughing at us. they finally called us over and gave us some 50 lb line to try with. Tied about 20 ft. of that to a large sharp treble and snagged that snake - and STILL coldn't pull it out. By then, it was pretty ticked and had apparnetly wrapped itself partially around an old log. We pulled until we broke the 50lb line and gave up...

Also-- Two summers ago, I made took my 2nd missionary trip to Guatemala (Peten region). We stayed on the island of Flores and I took a travel fishing rod!

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
When I was a kid there was a pay & fish pond not too far from where I lived. During the summer one day my brother, a buddy, and me had went fishing and didn't have any luck at all. As we were getting ready to leave there was a big ol' deep drainage ditch, just across the highway from this pond. We decided to drop our lines right in, more or less just for laughs. We started pulling up those bream that were bigger than a grown man's hands. I can't remember how many we caught that day, but everytime that we went fishing we went to that hole. We fished there the entire summer and it was that way each time we went. We would catch a good mess of fish each time. Take home and dad would fillet them for us. I wish that I could find a hole like that now a days.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Went through a "water spout" on the DLG20 Richmond K Turner....Capt. Smith wanted fish fer supper....when we come out the other side, there was fish everwhere floppin...a mess of scales too...them mess-cooks was busy sackin up the evening meal!:wink:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Back when dad was an engineer working for the Army, he got roped into breaching a dam to drain some little small-town city reservoir. We were living in Lawton, OK, (Ft. Sill) and I was 6 or 7 years old back then. Anyhoo, he came back with 4 or five monster catfish, about as big as I was, in the back of the station wagon (mom 'bout kilt him dead right there).

Well, dad was in a hurry so he chunked those fish into our little wading pool so they'd keep until he got back and could clean them. He had just enough time to change clothes (he was covered in mud) and get back to work.

Our dachshund apparently wasn't paying attention, and when she bailed off into said wading pool for her afternoon dip, boy was she surprised. Mom says she can still see those "cats" circling that dog like a pack of sharks!

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
I've caught fish from all kinds of little mud holes all around the Beebe area. The largest bass I ever caught, came from a little ditch about 10 feet wide and about a foot and a half deep at the time. I did not have a scale or tape but he was as long as my arm and that would be about 27 inches. He was rather slim and I estimated him at about 7 to 9 pounds.

·
Premium Member
7,624 Posts
out of a toilet! no lie!! my plumber buddy, takes all the toilets he replaces and submerges them in his pond. excellent fish habitat:thumb: BG12

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
"Went through a "water spout" on the DLG20 Richmond K Turner....Capt. Smith wanted fish fer supper....when we come out the other side, there was fish everwhere floppin...a mess of scales too...them mess-cooks was busy sackin up the evening meal!"

Bro we did the same thing off the coast of Ecuador!! I have NO idea what those fish were.... nothing like that swimin' in the barpits around Schugtown I can tell ya that!!!!! But we ate some kind of good for a few days!!!

Got on further south in the inland waterways of Chile and ate the biggest Snow Crab you have ever seen right off the deck.... we traded "magazines" smokes and geedunk to a local fishing village and ate like Kings for days!!!!

The snow/ice line was less than fifty meters off the waterline... I still have no idea how those people survived (and actually thrived) in that climate.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
"Went through a "water spout" on the DLG20 Richmond K Turner....Capt. Smith wanted fish fer supper....when we come out the other side, there was fish everwhere floppin...a mess of scales too...them mess-cooks was busy sackin up the evening meal!"

Bro we did the same thing off the coast of Ecuador!! I have NO idea what those fish were.... nothing like that swimin' in the barpits around Schugtown I can tell ya that!!!!! But we ate some kind of good for a few days!!!

Got on further south in the inland waterways of Chile and ate the biggest Snow Crab you have ever seen right off the deck.... we traded "magazines" smokes and geedunk to a local fishing village and ate like Kings for days!!!!

The snow/ice line was less than fifty meters off the waterline... I still have no idea how those people survived (and actually thrived) in that climate.
That's crazy ain't it:thumb:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts