1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mud Slough GTR:
Percent Flooded: 100 percent
Habitat Conditions: Good acorn crop.
Weather: Cold front expected later in the week.
Migrations/Observations: New flights have been observed
Duck Abundance: Good numbers of ducks being reported by hunters.
Hunter Activity/Success: Veryheavy hunter activity with good success rates.
General Comments: GTR is 100 percent full and overflowing.

This is the weekly waterfowl report on Dagmar WMA.

They've GOT to be kidding!! :mad: Who sends these :censored: reports in?? The only thing factual is the hunter activity and that's because there is so little water that a dozen people qualifies it as crowded!!! If you're going this weekend you'd better have a "Mud Buddy" motor, you'll need it!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I like the way they even copy and paste the misspellings from week to week. If you believe these fairy tales then you get what you deserve.

·
Registered
630 Posts
ducks, you probably hunted there the same time we did when there was only 5 or six vehicles. Good luck for those who go there this weekend. Even my prodrive aint going.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
ducks, you probably hunted there the same time we did when there was only 5 or six vehicles. Good luck for those who go there this weekend. Even my prodrive aint going.
Hey D&D, we may have just put a name with the "454" bunch! I bet is was you all if you had a Prodrive! We heard you all out there in all that water navigating. Sounded like you were about the sling the rod's out of that sucker and having some real issues even being able to keep it in all that water in that 100% flooded area.:smack: We were a little smarter, or should I say thought we were, we just crossed the 100% flooded area on foot & walked in, a long way's in. We had clothes scattered all the way through the woods. We thought it would have been a better deal than dragging the boat up the 100% flooded ditch. We crossed a place that if it were 100% as stated it should have been 10 foot deep but D&D's lab never even got his back wet! And for what? To end up getting to the same little area that does have water that everyone else either walked in to or to bull dozer their way to get also. As it ended up there was several bunch's all trying to hunt on top of each other for "The Good Number of Ducks" that was reported in the deal by most likely none of the hunter's that have went to see for themself's!

The duck report causes alot more problems than it helps. I rate it's validity right up there with the info we read on the back of the door's in the stalls of the men's bathrooms. If they are going to do a report, at least make it truthful or do nothing at all!:mad:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Those waterfowl reports are just as good as the ole boy at the boat launch. "You should have been here yesterday. They were bit'n on anything you threw at 'em." :wink:

·
Registered
630 Posts
That was me if it was between december 30th to January 6th. Also, i don't hunt the gtr. The only time that place was 100% the report still showed 0%. The report doesn't do any good.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
That was me if it was between december 30th to January 6th. Also, i don't hunt the gtr. The only time that place was 100% the report still showed 0%. The report doesn't do any good.
Nope, it would not have been you & very glad to hear it was maybe not a local Arkansas person putting on such a demostration. That little show took place back last week when there was a foot more water than there is now. We never saw them but I can tell you one thing, we sure knew and every duck within 10 miles also that they were around. Man, they gave that mudmotor a working over to say the least. Runing into tree's, hitting stuff, running the boat up on dry ground and out of water. And at the last it sounded like they may have knocked the muffler off it or something because it sounded like hot laps being done at the local dirt track out in the duck woods, that where the "454" referance came from. This went on for over an hour. Needless to say, with the water gone, lots of folks still trying to hunt 100% flooded area with water spilling out that is left, & deals like the one mentioned above it has made the information furnished in the report for all to read very interesting to say the least as to what source it comes from!

·
Registered
630 Posts
When the folks started pouring in, we left. The week we were there there was 1 truck with us then 8 on saturday and twice that on sunday. We usually hunt the same 2 or 3 holes. So no running around in the morning. Just a straight shot, unless someone is already in the hole for us.

General Comments: GTR is 100 percent full and overflowing.
just saw that comment. That there is a joke, the only water that is flowing over is by the levy by hickson

1 - 10 of 10 Posts