Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be hunting in NWA for the first time since moving here 2 years ago. I was going to scout weddington. Any tips? Or anywhere that I can get a map of the WMA so I can easily distinguish public and private parts. Also is there any other public land near by?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't know about an easy map for private properties, but you can put one together with the online Benton and Washington county GIS from the respective assessors' offices. There aren't a lot of private parcels, but a few. If you have a GPS device there are sites you can download topos for free that have a lot of the public/private info. In terms of topos the Wedington WMA is in the Rhea, Wheeler, Gallatin, and Robinson quadrangles.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
If you see private signs, and purple paint, don't cross... I grew up in a private parcel (my parents still live there) and the amount of trespassers and illegal hunting in weddington is ridiculous.

There are quite a bit of private parcels. PM me and if you can catch me out there on day visiting I'll give you a crash course of the areas to visit and stay away from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.