Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't have one personally, but I have heard that the original Weatherby's were fine craftsmanship and great rifles.
The Weatherby Vanguard however, has had some issues.
Just what I've heard second hand.
....popgun

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have one personally, but I have heard that the original Weatherby's were fine craftsmanship and great rifles.
....popgun
Yes,I would'nt have a Vanguard.Markv Or nothing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have an Accumark in 7mm Weatherby. It is a tack driver, great performance and has a smooth action. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Hope to get another one some day (257 Weatheryby in the Ultra Lightweight).. Gonna have to sell some blood, plasma and anything I can find to afford it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a Weatherby Vangaurd in 270 win. it has been very reliable, and no problems over the past 15 years. I have killed many deer with this from close range to over 300 yards. I also have a Vanguard in 300 Weatherby Mag. Great gun but need to take out a loan to buy shells.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
I have a 300 weatherby vanguard(made by howa). Bought it at Wally world for 300 a few years ago. The trigger is good. It is accurate and the recoil isn't bad. I haven't shot it much but the 4 times I shot deer with it I didn't have to track them. I like mine and haven't had any problems with it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have a Weatherby 300 wthby magnum. The only thing I've found wrong with it is, My blood tracking skills are starting to diminish.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Hope to get another one some day (257 Weatheryby in the Ultra Lightweight)..
That's what I use. Mine is topped with a 3.5x10 Vari-X III Leupold. I have been very impressed with it's accuracy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have and acumark 340 it's the real deal, also have a fiber mark and
vangaurd and they are good gun's.
No problems here
map:biggrin:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I'm still waiting on the issues cause I've never heard anything but good about them and that includes before this thread. :shrug:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I don't own one but I might someday unless they have issues I should be concerned about, can't fault a guy for asking can ya.

Yes, I would'nt have a Vanguard. Markv Or nothing.
What and why is all I want to know. :smack:

·
Registered
225 Posts
"If you don't ask you can't lean" I personaly have never herd a negative
response, But that don't mean there not out there. Now I have heard of a few accuracy problems with some models, but usually comes from not breaking the barrel in.
map

1 - 20 of 27 Posts