we made it to New Orleans

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by F B, Jan 4, 2011.

1. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    and its like nothing Ive ever seen before. Its an amazing city and we've only seen a small part of it so far.

We went to Bourbon Street and there is a bar every few feet on both sides of the street. They have to go bars which is something that Ive never even heard of. You just walk up and buy a beer/drink then go back outside into the street. They dont even have seats or chairs, you just get it and go. Dont try that in Arkansas. They had beer trucks lined up on the side of the street just waiting for a bar to call with an order I guess.

If the attendance at the game is anything like walking around is, The Ohio State fans are going to be outnumbered quite a bit. You see Razorback hats and shirts just about everywhere you look then all of a sudden youll see a Buckeye hat or shirt.

We were on Bourbon Street yesterday and this drunk guy (it was probably 2 in the afternoon and he was hammered) stopped me and asked if I knew how you cracked a Buckeye. I said no and he said with a Mallett and laughed at his own joke so hard I thought he was gonna fall down. I knew we needed to get out there before dark...

We mostly walked around yesterday and visited the French Quarter a little bit, saw the Riverwalk, and Bourbon Street, rode the street car, and went to Fan Fest. We also went in every little shop that we came to. :smack:

We ate at a place called Riverfront (I think). My wife got a shrimp po boy and I got a sampler platter that had crawfish etoufee, gumbo, red beans and rice, and jambalaya, and we shared it. It was excellent. The red beans and rice were just as good as it is at Popeye's Chicken. :whistle:

Ill try to take some more pictures today and post them tonight after the game.

I just hope the Hogs give us what we really came down here for! Go Hogs!

Attached Files:

2. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

Just be careful in the city and don't so much as step off of the main streets toward one of the alleys. The police try to protect tourists on the main streets but if you take a shortcut through an alley you are fair game for the animals.

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    Yep, stay with the crowds and don't get off by yourself.

It's a different place for sure!!

4. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

What they said!!

have fun and WOOOOO PIG SOOOOOIIEEEE

5. the above is the same advice I was given the first time i went, almost a year ago. My daughter had cheerleading competition there at the convention center last Feb... In our free time, we did quite a bit of walking on the main streets but was back at the hotel at sundown.

Have fun FB!

6. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

This should be almost like a home game for us.

7. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

If you've never been there, you should go to Bourbon Street after dark. Its like no place you will ever go. We used to go twice a year before Katrina, we never had any problems. Also, try to make it to the open market.

8. Gary R

Gary R Well-Known Member

Don't go post game. Rif Raf comes out post-Katrina, not the same.

9. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

So glad y'all are having fun. Yep, we like to take our drinks to go.......don't everybody???? :biggrin:

10. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

If you get the chance and have not left yet try and eat at NOLA's. Best place in my opinion in the city.

http://www.nolas.com/

And what everyone else said about getting off the main streets.