Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I didnt do much but but my dog Hoppy did a fine job.

She came in second place which made me pretty proud especially considering she wont be 2 years old till June.

I had a good time.

It was an ARHA trial and the first one with that type of format that we'd been to.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Smart Dogs

A smart dog has a profound effect on the owner. Sometimes it makes the owner look good too.
I'm glad to hear you're taking your dog to field trials and doing so well.
You'll recall my dog Karo, she's still picking up ducks, blood traling deer and my constant companion in the woods and fields.
She's getting grey around the muzzle, but then so am I.

Good Hunting!
Bologna Gravy

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
FB was that you that I saw on channel 11 KTHV news last night. I just caught the end of that segment. I love watching those competitions on t.v.

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I remember Karo. I knew she'd retrieve but didnt know that she would blood trail a deer. That would come in pretty handy for me the way that I shoot sometimes.

No, I wasnt on TV (but we probably will be soon :razz: :biggrin: ) .

Those were retriever trials. The one I went to was for rabbit dogs.

It was only our second one (1 ARHA trial and 1 SPO trial) but I think Im going to start going to a few more. Its a good way to meet other folks with the same interests and gives you a sort of extended season.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Congrats Freddie! I'm not suprised at all with those results. Hoppy is an awesome dog and I can't wait to follow her around this fall!:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts