Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after about 4 days of heavy shooting pretty much every one of the arrows I've been shooting has really wavy fletching now. I'm just using the Easton GameGetter XX75 2117 arrows that my BIL gave me with the bow.

Should I replace the fletching on them all? If so, what should I use instead? And how much does the average shop charge per arrow, not counting the cost of the vanes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Blazers .............Blazers.................Blazers..... oh and by the way ....Blazers.

Yes, Replace them all... Expect to pay around 20.00 - 25.00 per Doz ( might find it a hair cheaper ).... and they supply the vanes, glue, time , effort and Labor.

I have been shooting Blazers through my WB for about 5 years. Much better than the stock , wavy after a few shots, vanes I use to shoot.

I now have 4 doz. easton A/C/C's, and some Gold Tips, and some Carbon Express .... about 6 - 7 doz. total... all with Blazers.... They are the Bomb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
blazers

I got tired of paying shops to fetch mine so last 2 weeks ago I went to Bass Pro and bought a Jo-Jan straight fletcher and 2 boxes of blazers and some glue and have made all my money back fletching mine and my sons arrows not having to pay some one.:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
When I shot a compound I used Flex Fletch vanes. Blazers work well because they're hard. FF vanes work just as well because they're soft and 'flexy' :wink: I had some that had made several hundred trips through my WB, and not a one was warped. My biscuit never tore one either, but I did cut some shooting broadheads.

·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stopped into Blackfoot Taxidermy in Heber Springs today to see the owner, Ed, and he said that steam will straighten most "wavy" vanes. He said just put a tea kettle with a bit of water on the stove, get some good steam going, and run your vanes through the steam. He said they would straighten right up. I'm gonna give it a try in the morning.

And my uncle said he had a fletcher I could have if I wanted it. Gonna pick it up next week and fletch some of these that i've torn.

·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They may straighten up but the next time you shoot them they well get wavy agian.
But the blazers won't get wavy and are a lot stronger. IMO
The steam did straighten them up but you are correct, they will start getting wavy again. This is just a temporary fix until I can get by the archery shop to get some of them done with the blazers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.