Waterfowl Photography

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by aschroeder1, Dec 13, 2010.

1. aschroeder1

aschroeder1 Well-Known Member

Looking to find some hunters who would like to have the hunts photographed. I rather shoot them with the camera than a gun.

2. Hambone

Hambone Well-Known Member

Where you located? How much you charge?

3. aschroeder1

conway, free I am just wanting to do it for fun I got a really good camera

4. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

you not trying to scope out some holes is ya:head:

5. Quacksmacker, that is what I was thinking also!!! :fit: :fit:

6. mallard17

mallard17 Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner

Will you buy your duck stamps? That's six more ducks.

7. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

I do a lot of photography as well. What camera did you get?

8. cuppinducks

cuppinducks Well-Known Member

Andrew... good to see you on here... don't mind duck freak he is a little strange. We may try to set up something so you can come out to snap some pics. Go to my facebook page and look at the trailer we just put out. let me know what you think.

9. aschroeder1

No I am not looking to scout holes. I got plenty of my own to go too... I got a Nikon D90 and I love it.

10. zpenter

zpenter Well-Known Member

just so you guys know his camera cost more than your whole set up guns decoys calls and waders oh and your boat. the lenses can cost from 150$ to 7000$ each and most people who would buy a D90 will have some $$$$$ nice lenses:up: i will pm you about some pics

11. qwack smacker 1on1

then lets go to your holes and then you can take pics of us hunting:thumb:

12. qwack smacker 1on1

:rolleyes:yawn::yawn:

13. Ducks and Dogs

Ducks and Dogs Well-Known Member

Actually a d90, which is a pretty good body, is not considered a top of the line or pro body and can be purchased for less than most shotguns. what kinda glass you got hanging on that dude for 7 grand, 400 2.8??? If so on that crop body your shooting at 600mm, way overkill for ducks in the hole.

A true top of the line nikon d3 series with any lens in the hands of most people doesn't make great images. However, a great photographer can carry about anything and come up with great images. I have met literrally hundreds of people who have well over $10,000 in camera equipment but still yet dont consider them good photographers. Most get a few good pics hear and there but few even understand why they got the ones they did.

Saying you must have a nice camera to most photographers is kinda like saying picaso must of had a nice paint brush.
    No camera makes great images, the person behind it does.

14. aschroeder1

Here's where I went Monday...No need for other holes...Look up Andrew Schroeder Photography on Facebook...Its not much its a few examples of what I can do...I am no pro and fairly new to the skill. Thought some people would enjoy having nice pictures of hunting and maybe meet some new friends.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  15. Ducks and Dogs

Ducks and Dogs Well-Known Member

good luck to ya andrew! nothing meant against you in my post above, just hate people trying to justify themselves in a craft of skill and art by the amount of money they spend buying a camera.

16. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

they need some decoy spread placement tips :shrug:

17. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

18. qwack smacker 1on1

can you tell me were that blind is located???? that pic is floating around if you can tell me that ill beleive you

19. qwack smacker 1on1

im all about meeting new people dont get me wrong...just saying lets hunt your hole first:biggrin:

20. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

That's the truth! I bought a 7D with a Sigma 150-500 DG OS and still struggle with in flight shots. Its very hit or miss with me... getting better though.