Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this is probably a dumb question , but I need some advice from all your ski/tubers out there. We bought our boat last summer (June) and the water was already plenty warm to get in, but this year I'm really getting the hankering to go play on the water NOW! What is the minimum water temp that you would get into? I know its different for different people, but I'm ok with cool water (not cold) and just wondered what ya'll thoughts are. Oh, and the forecast looks like it's going to be 83 and sunny Saturday. Thanks for the help ya'll!:up::up:

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I judge it by if it's kinda cool to the touch of your hand, it'll be cold to your "you know whats". If it's a little warm to the touch of your hand, it'll be cool to your "you know whats". If it's hot to the touch of your hand it's probably too hot to be outside and ya oughta be inside sitting under the A/C sippin' on a cold one.:biggrin:

But seriously though, anything under 80 degrees is gonna feel cold...especially a few feet under the water surface.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Just got back off of Lake Ouachia up around Shangri-la. Water Temp is
68-71 degrees. After Saturday with the Southwest breeze and boat traffic the back of some coves was up to 77 degrees. Main Lake was 71.

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back off of Lake Ouachia up around Shangri-la. Water Temp is
68-71 degrees. After Saturday with the Southwest breeze and boat traffic the back of some coves was up to 77 degrees. Main Lake was 71.
Yeah, we didn't go saturday BUT we are 100% going this coming saturday!!! Should be plenty warm after this weeks temps. :biggrin: Summer is here!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have been told I am a little nuts anyway, but if you think it is cool, you can get a shorty wetsuit fairly cheap and get after it. I have actually skiied every month of the year a couple years ago and loved every trip. As long as you don't fall all the time, you should warm on up.

This only works if you are not talking about kids, they may get cold no matter what!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been told I am a little nuts anyway, but if you think it is cool, you can get a shorty wetsuit fairly cheap and get after it. I have actually skiied every month of the year a couple years ago and loved every trip. As long as you don't fall all the time, you should warm on up.

This only works if you are not talking about kids, they may get cold no matter what!!!
Water will be in the upper 70s by satuday with the heat from this week so we should all be fine from here on out this summer!! :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.