Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View attachment 2299

If you fish either the White or Norfork for trout, this chart is a great thing to have to figure out kind of water you can expect at the location you are fishing. All you need to know is what kind of discharge was being made at the dam and at what time and then you can figure how long it will be before that discharge gets to you.

There are two web sites you can go to to find out the time and discharge from each dam but unfortunately, I haven't made enough forum entries to be allowed to put them in this email. If any of you are interested in these web sites, email me at [email protected] and I'll send them to you.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice info! How many units is this chart based on. I know times will differ according to how many units they have going. 8 units will go down river much faster than 1.

thanks,
Strange as it seems, the water runs at basically a little over 4mph no matter how many gennys are on-line. I am sure the the flow rate would be different at a full flood stage. If you have access to the two COE web sites which show times and flow rate, the last column is "mwh" (megawatthours). Each generator is capable of 50mw so you just divide that into the total to figure out how many generators they have on. So if you see 250mwh, it works out to about 5 generators.

I like fishing lures on the White and I find that anything over 5 generators makes for tough fishing. And on the opposite end, you need a couple of generators running to operate the boat well. Or you better have a spare prop with you. You can fish with 8 generators running but I think it's too much water unless you want to use corn or worms or something like that.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange as it seems, the water runs at basically a little over 4mph no matter how many gennys are on-line. I am sure the the flow rate would be different at a full flood stage. If you have access to the two COE web sites which show times and flow rate, the last column is "mwh" (megawatthours). Each generator is capable of 50mw so you just divide that into the total to figure out how many generators they have on. So if you see 250mwh, it works out to about 5 generators.

I like fishing lures on the White and I find that anything over 5 generators makes for tough fishing. And on the opposite end, you need a couple of generators running to operate the boat well. Or you better have a spare prop with you. You can fish with 8 generators running but I think it's too much water unless you want to use corn or worms or something like that.

Cheers.....
Just for ho-ho's let me see if the forum will allow me to send those web addresses for keeping track of what is being generated at Bull Shoals and Norfork dams.

Norfork is: http://swl-wcds47.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/WCDS/Reports/Data/Norfork.htm

Bull is: http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/WCDS/Reports/Data/Bulsdam.htm

Not only do these web sites show you what's running and when, they also show the lake levels as well.

Cheers.....

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.