Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on handling wasps that like to buzz around while sitting in the stand when it's hot?
I killed 13 last year in one afternoon swatting them with my ball cap. That's a lot of noise and movement.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dang, I’m probably stating the obvious but I would consider checking those stands earlier than you did last year and spray for wasps.

I wouldn’t want to spray right before I hunted the stand.

Also, how many deer did you see the day you swatted 13?

·
Registered
31,494 Posts
Killing them with spray and bombs works at the time. But we have a few stands that don't have them in the stand, but you can literally sit there and look at the very large pine trees next to the stand, and when it warms up they will come flying out of that pine tree. I know, makes no sense, but that's apparently where they live when there's no nest. And when they come out, it's like they have marching orders to fly right at my head. Or the head of whoever is in those stands.

I don't know the answer. I'm thinking possibly staying in the cabin might be the best answer. Next best might be to just go fishing.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Appreciate everyone's input! I'll try the stuff from tractor supply.

The biggest issue with the wasps is that my wife really enjoys sitting in the box stand while I'm in my ladder stand bow hunting about 120 yards away.
When the wasps fly around her at arms length, or closer, she gets a bit panicky.

Thanks again for all the input!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts