Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GW and Forest Service Law Enforcement officer were set up along a patch of woods where some notorious local poachers tend to roam this time of year and the most notorious of them all steps out of the woods with no vehicle and of course no gun. He had his buddy drop him off while he walked through the woods and poached basically whatever he could see. While they were questioning him, his partner pulls up to pick hm up with a 300 mag and a big velvet 9pt in the back of his Suzuki Samauri. 1st poacher claims he wasn't with him but soon that story falls apart. I'm not sure if Poacher # 1 will get any violations (which would be a shame because he's the biggest poacher in the area and probably the county and everyone knows it) but poacher # 2 is in deep. Come to find out, the buck was killed very close to where I found this:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/ouachitamtnman/horns1-24-08001.jpg

I had plans to hang stands in there and scout it heavy but now I don't know. I've hunted this area a lot but always move out due to all the traffic it gets. I wish AGFC would gate all of these food plot roads to help keep these kind of slobs out of there.

Here's the kicker, the guy tells the officers that " I don't do this for fun, it's for food" :rolleyes:

I guess the bright side is that they will be leary of going in there for a little while anyway and word has already spread so maybe it will keep some of the other @$$hole poachers out of the area for a while as well.

This has got me so ticked off I don't know what to do. I know one thing is I'm going to get more and more vigilant and get those officers #s and put em on speed dial.

I've done some junk in my younger days of hunting but the more I did things right, the more I saw the errors of my ways and started priding myself on getting it done the right way and the more I do so the more this kind of stuff cuts me to the bone. It just really sucks to try and be a real hunter only to have this guy shoot a deer you been scoutin' or in an area you hunt, while he's in velvet or any time for that matter but it especially seems to suck when it's out of season.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
:clap: :up: for the AGFC officers doing a good job on catching these guys. :mad::down: To the poachers. :censored:like you give honest hunters a bad name and I hope that you get the book thrown at you. You should have to make a public announcement about how sorry you are for hunting game out of season and beg for the forgiveness of the outdoorsmen and women of the state of Arkansas. In addition to paying a fine, serving some jail time and losing your hunting and fishing privileges.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
How do you put a large 9 point buck and still have room for a passenger in a samuari.:rolleyes:

Chances are the worse that will happen is the one in possesion of the buck and rifle will get fined up to $1000.00 and possible lose his rifle, and piece of crap hunting vehicle. Yes this should also have enough points to revoke hunting priveleges for a year. The other guy will probably only recieve a fine but still have his hunting priveleges, unless they can find evidence that he did have a hunting weapon in his possesion, such as additional weapon in the vehicle.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,481 Posts
How do you put a large 9 point buck and still have room for a passenger in a samuari.:rolleyes:

Chances are the worse that will happen is the one in possesion of the buck and rifle will get fined up to $1000.00 and possible lose his rifle, and piece of crap hunting vehicle. Yes this should also have enough points to revoke hunting priveleges for a year. The other guy will probably only recieve a fine but still have his hunting priveleges, unless they can find evidence that he did have a hunting weapon in his possesion, such as additional weapon in the vehicle.
He better hope his name ain't on the reciept where the rifle was bought:fit::up:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.