Wanting to buy a .380 or ruger lc9

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by Rtucker, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Rtucker

Rtucker Active Member

What is the best one to buy? Does anyone have one for sale?

2. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

Both have long unpredictable triggers. But I would go with the 9mm. I got a shield and I love it. Springfield is suppose to have the 9mm xds out first of the year last I heard.

3. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

I agree on the trigger pulls Chevy. The Sig P238 has a trigger set up like a 1911...much better than the long sloppy DA of those models mentioned.

4. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

I would disagree with the trigger being sloppy and unpreditable.

I have a LC9, and yes, the trigger is long, but it's a DA so that's to be expected, but the trigger is VERY smooth, and VERY preditable.

5. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

I tried the Keltech & the Ruger LCP & thought they were both long & sloppy. I know you can get used to it and anticipate when the sear breaks, but if you don't have to, why would you want to?

I think a double automatic trigger pull is a good compromise....long pull on the first round & shorter/crisper on the succeeding.

Not sure if any pocket autos have that feature.

6. AF2007

AF2007 Well-Known Member

Love my lc9. Great carry piece and as with any gun you'll get to know it with practice.

7. Bowhunter71

Bowhunter71 Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br

I've got the LCp and lc9. Like them both. The 380 is a great pocket gun during the summer when wearing shorts and the 9 is easily concealable also. Once you get used to the dao trigger pull they are pretty good shooters. These guns weren't designed to shoot cans at 10 yards but it can be done. They were designed to be concealable and accurate enough to stop the bad guy inside of 10 feet or so.

8. Bowhunter71

Btw, if I could only have one of them I would choose the lc9

9. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

I have a m&p shield and it has a short crisp and very predictable trigger. Its a DA also. I have let a couple lc9 owners shoot it and they wanted to trade on the spot.

10. GH1

GH1 Well-Known Member

Have you considered the SR9c? Very nice indeed.
    GH1:biggrin:

11. jhw

jhw Well-Known Member

Which of the two has the least recoil. (asking for my wife.)

12. Pokey

Pokey Well-Known Member

My wife had never shot a gun when we met, and now she can hit cans at 10 yards and fill the 8 circle rapidly with my LCP.

13. Veo

Oh yeah the shield is a sweet piece!

14. Veo

I was just saying there's a huge difference between long and long and sloppy. And as far as why I would get use to it, I actually like it. It's not a range gun, it's a gun that I carry on me with me kids and people normally around so all the extra safety features I can have I like.

15. Bowhunter71