wanting coon dog

Discussion in 'Huntin' Dogs' started by bowti427, Jan 10, 2011.

1. bowti427

bowti427 Active Member

looking to buy a good coon dog preferably a walker or blue tick

2. fatherof4

fatherof4 Well-Known Member

Be careful with your finds and get references and ask for a few hunts before purchase unless you know and or trust who you are dealing with. There are lots of good honest people here but that doesn't mean the dog is like you have it pictured so ask for a hunt. Just some friendly words, good luck. :up:

3. bowti427

bowti427 Active Member

thanks...yea i took a couple out saturday night that the ol boy said treed good but all they did for me was false tree about 4 different times... i got screwed over on a couple of running walkers back before deer season that the guy told me i could have my money back on if they wouldnt run they looked perfect and had awesome papers with em but they wouldnt run a deer worth a crap and then he wouldnt give me back my money but gave me a couple of beagle pups instead so now i have 400 $ in 2 beagles lol

4. englishdawgs

englishdawgs Well-Known Member

x2 Hunt with it and hunt with it somemore just to be sure. I will not buy any started or finished hound without seeing it in the woods no matter how cheap it is. Its like this if they want to sell it to me they will show it under the tree. In the place I want to hunt if possiable. If they cant do that there dog is not worth my time no matter if its the next world Champion.

As far as breed if these are the ones you would like I would go with a bluetick and would try to get a hold of GAry ucthman he will do you right. He lives in northern Arkansas.

5. Sounds like my grandpa. he never owned a registered dog, but did own several good redbones n red ticks. folks would bring their dogs to him for training. Lots of folks knew of him, his name was Alvin Murphy. Been doing a little coon huntin this year myself, as a spectator. I do a little squaling with my mouth to help get some eyes to shine simetimes. Still lots of fun.

6. rattletrap

rattletrap Well-Known Member

i have dogs that i need to get rid of that i will show in the woods, decent dogs, just not my style.

7. bowti427

bowti427 Active Member

Alright appreciate it u wouldn't happen to have his number would you?

8. englishdawgs

If you are talking about Gary Ucthman I will try and find it for you should have it somewhere.

9. englishdawgs

Here is gary Ucthmans number 501-940-9008