Wanting a new bow, needing some opinions.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Ringo08, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Ringo08

Ringo08 Well-Known Member

I am looking to buy a new bow, but I am not sure what kind I want to get. I have looked at a few different ones, but none of them really stick out to me. Does anyone know of any new bows (2012, 2013) on the market that are good ones? I understand a new one will cost quite a bit, but I want to keep the price around $600-$800. I've looked at the Bear Motive 6 & 7, but haven't really heard reviews from people that have actually used them a full season.

2. Elite88

Elite88 Well-Known Member

You just gotta go to a dealer and try em out.

3. KMOUNCE

KMOUNCE New Member

I bought the Mission Ballistic after shooting about everything out there.I wasn't sure if I would really get into bow hunting and didn't want to spend a bunch and not use it.I have 800.00 fully set up with release,arrows and broadheads.I was wanting the helim but couldn't make myself spend that and not know if I would use it much.As for the Ballistic it's fast,smooth and quiet.

4. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Well-Known Member

They are all good just get out and test shoot as many as you can. Dont let others tell you what to buy, only you can tell which one is right for you.:up:

5. dlfarley

dlfarley Well-Known Member

Not everyone is a bowtech man, but you should try the assassin. Fully rigged for $600. I've got one and its a sweet little setup.

6. The Iceman

The Iceman Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

What are you shootn now?

7. stick n string

stick n string Well-Known Member

Like I said in an earlier thread, I got a Bowtech Assassin and absolutely love it. For $599 comes with Octane stabilizer, string, removable quiver, and hostage rest. Once tuned mine shot 320 fps in the store. Killed one deer with it this year, super quiet, fast, and has a very smooth draw. I highly suggest shooting one in your local shop. Compares to all the upper end bows with a mid tier price. I went in looking for a Z7 and left with the Assassin.

8. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

If you are wanting a package bow look at the bowtech assassin or the hoyt charger. I have the bowtech assassin and I'm goin to upgrade next spring to prolly the hoyt spyder. If you already have everything then you might look at the new Mathews zxt. Just go shoot some of the new bows at your local bow shop and see what you like.

9. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

I don't have any personal experience with Bear bows but I've read a lot about the new ones and they're supposed to be pretty awesome for the price.

10. Challenger

Challenger Well-Known Member

X2
    The Assassin is awesome!! Quite, Fast.

I shoot the BowTech Insanity and love it!!!

11. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

X2
    The Assassin is awesome!! Quite, Fast.

I shoot the BowTech Insanity and love it!!![/QUOTE]
    Seen a insanity the other day locked up at full draw. I think they said it was pulled past the draw stops.

12. Zach Jaynes

Zach Jaynes Active Member

As someone said, you definitely have to shoot them to see. I'm brand new to compound bows myself and just got a Hoyt Charger. Definitely shoot this bow before you make your final decision and give it a chance. It's $599 for the bow, 3 pin sight, stabilizer, quiver, whisker biscuit, and sling. It only weighs two tenths of a pound more than the carbon element, and IBO's at like 5 fps less. I shot my Charger and my friends Carbon Element this afternoon and they feel pretty similar. Again, I'm just a beginner though. Go by DNW in Jonesboro and shoot a few different bows. I shot the Assassin as well but preferred the Charger. You might like the Assassin better. Everyone is different. The guys at DNW have been great to me and went above and beyond to get me setup. Ask for Seth or Will if you go in there. They are really nice guys and seem eager to help anyone.

13. possum

possum Well-Known Member

This is truly the best answer you've got so far, you'll know when ya have found the right one.

14. willfred219

willfred219 Well-Known Member

You can pick up a nice recurve for that much money:)

15. Ringo08

I'm shooting a bear encounter now. That's why I was looking into other bear bows because I like the way this one feels, and I like how they are a little bit cheaper than some of the others. But I will definitely look into the Bowtech Assasin. Only problem is, I'm a lefty, so not all the stores have left handed bows for me to try without having to order them.

16. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Look at Martin....LOVE my Martin Saber. :up:

17. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Well-Known Member

2013 Hoyt Charger pkg. $649 and has everything you need. Fast, light, short, smooth, and the legendary Hoyt reputation.

18. Ringo08

Really liking the looks and specs of the Mission Ballistic. Anyone know anything about this bow? I know it is new for 2013.

19. bogie

bogie Well-Known Member

Im a huge martin fan myself, but as others have stated all bows are good these days. Do not get too much draw weight or length. Get a good fit!

20. William Murphy

William Murphy Well-Known Member

I just bought the mission ballistic . I have too say it is a very nice bow .it has the speed of all the major bows with half the price,it's very smooth ,nice back wall,very little. Hand vibration this is just my opinion u should try it out.new too this forum hi guys good hunting