wanted lab

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by blackmouthcur, Dec 30, 2010.

1. blackmouthcur

blackmouthcur Well-Known Member

Hey guys I know this belongs in the dog section but I figured I might get more results here in waterfowl. Im looking for a full blood lab pup for free or reasonably cheap. Im only 18 and nobody in my family duck hunts so im picking it up on my own with a lil help from a buddy of mine. We got the shootin part down and now we want to try training a pup. Papers would be great but im not real worried bout them just wanting a fair chance for a good start with a pup. I really appreciate yalls help.

2. cuppinducks

cuppinducks Well-Known Member

what is your thoughts of cheap?

3. hossmiller

hossmiller Well-Known Member

I have been kind of looking at retrievers as well. So far from what I've found you can get a cheaper pup for $250 to $400 depending on sex and bloodline. But I ran into a guy at the ramp last weekend that had really good yellow and he said he got her for $50 because she was the runt and wasn't papered, but the parents were. The $50 dog retreived ever bit as good as a more expensive dog and better than a lot of high dollar dogs. Got to watch the guy throw a few bumpers while they waited on a wrecker to pull their truck out of the mud.(They had that ford sunk past the axles in white river mud).

4. blackmouthcur

Around 100-150. Im kinda stretched out on cash paying for a truck and insurance and cell phone and supporting my hunting needs haha

5. Hip

Hip Well-Known Member

a buddy at work was trying to give away his lab, not sure how old it is but he has papers for it. He has to keep it pinned up now cause it keeps going over to house construction site and he is scared it will get hurt. let me know if your ontrested and i will contact hii

6. hhunter

hhunter Well-Known Member

I know a guy that will sell you one in marion, AR for $100. He has 3 yellow males left. I got one from the same parents 3 yrs ago. A great hunting dog and pet. He does blinds and hand signals. Add me as a friend on facebook and you can see photos of my dog (Hayden Sowers). The dad is registered but the mom is not. I couldn't be more pleased with how well my dog turned out. With pups there is no gurantee, but the most important thing is spending time with them when they are young.

7. hhunter

hhunter Well-Known Member

8. GARY1964

GARY1964 New Member

i have eight that are 5 weeks old. Mother was bought from grandview kennels/ gatopoint tyler background. They are whie , not completly / but white. She was bred by neighbors lab / which was a reg dog 6 years old and huge! I cant get papers on them because the people that had the male never sent off his papers. These are hunting field dogs/ no inbred show dogs// 200.00 bargain!

9. GARY1964

GARY1964 New Member

batesville ar.

10. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Im in Batesville, got pictures if the OP doesnt want it?

11. Roach437

Roach437 Well-Known Member

I have a choclate female around 8 months old you could have for free. She is located in Maumelle, AR. She is from a good bloodline. I just don't have the time she needs right now. Very sweet dog and great with my kids. Both of her parents a good duck dogs. Text me if interested 501-626-4321.

12. Quack Attack

Quack Attack Well-Known Member

Pics

GARY

can you pm me some pics of those puppies

13. DuckLn

DuckLn Well-Known Member

Reminds me of duck hunting with TK and Mike when they got the "five dolla dog" that was a labrador retriever, from over there at labrador!:biggrin:

14. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

Bought my first lab pup of my own when I was 17 and didnt have much money. Paid $150 for her, akc registered, parents were hunters. From guiding and keeping track with the tickets you fill out, plus trying to keep count on my own hunts, she has close to 3,000 duck/goose retrieves and close to 2,000pheasant retrieves.....she's 9 years old and sleeping in my recliner right now, when she's gone you will see a sad sad duck hunter

15. blackmouthcur

Sorry I haven't been on here to respond guys I wasn't trying to be rude. My phone and email got hacked by some sob and I was locked out of everything for a while. As for an update I did find me a full blood lab pup that im training now and hes coming along great. Im already excited about this coming season!