Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Are you looking for one hunting purposes or just a pet? What is your price range? The good blood lines are high these days!
I was lucky with my dog. I don't know how to read pedigree's but my lab doesn't have one single FC HR or anything of that nature within her immediate bloodline. But if I knew what I was doing half the time during training I think could have quite a few of those prefixes. I guess I am her only downfall. I payed 100 dollars for her and now I wouldn't take a 1000 for her. The guy I bought her from said that he had been offered 4000 for her mom in the duck woods one day. Don't know if that is true or not. But I am starting to believe it more and more. If I could find that guy I would buy another 100 dollar dog from him. He lived out around Georgetown. I believe it is northeast of Searcy. Good luck finding one. If mine was old enough to breed I would and if it wasn't so close to season. Thinking about getting her hips and eyes certified next summer. Last year she came in heat around March for the first time. Still think its too early.

Lost Creek,
I know you train dogs or at least you use to. I need some pigeons really bad. I tried to catch some at work the other day and those things are fast. I need to get my dog on some live birds. I only let her retrieve stone cold dead ones last year. You got any extra's you want to sell or know where to get any.

Thanks,
CD

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
I was lucky with my dog. I don't know how to read pedigree's but my lab doesn't have one single FC HR or anything of that nature within her immediate bloodline. But if I knew what I was doing half the time during training I think could have quite a few of those prefixes. I guess I am her only downfall. I payed 100 dollars for her and now I wouldn't take a 1000 for her. The guy I bought her from said that he had been offered 4000 for her mom in the duck woods one day. Don't know if that is true or not. But I am starting to believe it more and more. If I could find that guy I would buy another 100 dollar dog from him. He lived out around Georgetown. I believe it is northeast of Searcy. Good luck finding one. If mine was old enough to breed I would and if it wasn't so close to season. Thinking about getting her hips and eyes certified next summer. Last year she came in heat around March for the first time. Still think its too early.

Lost Creek,
I know you train dogs or at least you use to. I need some pigeons really bad. I tried to catch some at work the other day and those things are fast. I need to get my dog on some live birds. I only let her retrieve stone cold dead ones last year. You got any extra's you want to sell or know where to get any.

Thanks,
CD
CD, I still train! I am looking for some live pigeons myself. The guy that I used to get them from doesnt trap anymore so if anyone reading this knows a good pigeon contact we could use them. If I come across anything CD I will let you know!:thumb

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lost Creek: A Pet. I have a 9 month old female black lab that is akc reg. Gave $100 for her, and she is the retrievingist dog I have ever seen. I do not duck hunt, but I love my lab. I am wanting to get another one, so she doesn't get lonely during the day while I am at work. My range would be $150-$200 for a pet, if I ever took up duck hunting, I would get one with good bloodlines. I am wanting another female. Thanks. I will also check the democrat tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.