Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Winchester m94 Trapper that I love to hunt with, but it has this crossbar safety on the receiver. IMHO, I feel that on an external-hammer gun, this is useless, and only a pain.... obiously a lawyer's idea...

Does anyone know if there is a relatively easy way to remove it?

thanks

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
I've been the owner of several M94s and never had an accidental discharge....I've got a M94AE that's got the cross hammer block safety....I don't mind it being there....I doubt it would disable the gun to remove it, but it would sure leave a big hole.:head::whistle:

·
Administrator
87,941 Posts
I don't know about the 94's, but on a Marlin you can put a small "O" ring on the safety and it will keep it in the off position. I prefer this over gun mods.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
This really isn't a suggestion, just what somebody else did...

A friend bought a new '94 and hated the saftey, mainly because he used it for some cowboy action shooting and it didn't "look right." He ended up epoxying a mexican coin over the hole! I'm not sure if he removed the saftey parts before he hid the evidence, but he liked the looks better afterwards.

If you hate the saftey that much, shop around for an earlier model without one.

·
Administrator
87,941 Posts
I don't know about the 94's, but there are kits to replace the safety on Marlins that remove the original safety plunger and fill it with a block that matches the receiver. If I remember right, they aren't that expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.