Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I know of 2 places that has all the bamboo you want...both kinds too. 1 is in Jacksonville and the other is between Indianhead Lake and Gravel Ridge. Both are real easy to get to.

There's a big patch of the kind that stays real skinny and a light color green on the south side of old Main Street half way between JAcksonville and Gravel Ridge beside the slew.

And there's a bamboo patch that gets real tall and is real dark green and about as big around as your wrist just off Trickey Lane in Jacksonville. Park at the railroad tracks where Trickey Lane changes to Redmond Road and walk north up the tracks about 150 yards and you'll see a huge patch on your right.

If you want me to show you exactly where they're at, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for everyone's help. I'll try some of the places that were recommended. It's actually bamboo I want. From my understanding, the cane is the smaller stuff that you see a lot along the AR River. I see patches of bamboo quite a bit while driving around. I'm pretty sure that it has been planted there or put there by someone at some time.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Thanks for everyone's help. I'll try some of the places that were recommended. It's actually bamboo I want. From my understanding, the cane is the smaller stuff that you see a lot along the AR River. I see patches of bamboo quite a bit while driving around. I'm pretty sure that it has been planted there or put there by someone at some time.
The stuff I see is tall, some 14' or higher, IMO. I remember trying to fish with a pole I cut and dried once as a young'en... must have been 16' or longer. It was a good 3" diameter at the butt end and reached over half way across grandpa's pond. it was really too heavy to use.
I've caught many a bream and catfish on 8-10 ft. or so poles though. :up:

Tommy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.