want a good Mexican place in North Little Rock?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by stealthycat, Dec 23, 2010.

1. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

My wife and I are big fan's of Cantina Laredo off university ... but this place was every bit as good if not better and 1/2 the cost ! Everything was delicious from the mongo margarita's to the guacamole dip to the meals ... I mean really good IMO

Santo Coyote Mexican Food and Tequila Bar

2513 McCain Blvd
    North Little Rock, AR 72116

2. ksf04001

ksf04001 Well-Known Member

X2 that place is amazing, and they have a lot of good tequila!

3. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Man!

Thought you were gonna say LeMarquis apartments.

Haven't had any great Mexican food in a long time. May have to give it a try.

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

My wife and I ate at Santo Coyote a couple of weekends ago, I was really impressed with their food:up:

5. i got an ad thing today from them. first I had heard of it.... will have to try it out now.

6. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of Mexican food. I have never got any real good stuff from a resturant. The best I have ever had was from one of those trucks that go work site to worksite that cook. We called them roach coaches. That stuff was awsome. U know it's good when they pull up and all the mexicans go runnin for it.

7. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

My wife and I eat there alot. We always get the la pablono. Its a real good steak smothered with all kinds of goodies.

8. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

you mean the "break truck". Man in south florida at the baseball stadium I worked at, the mexicans, peruvians, and Guatemalans would drop what they were doing a half mile away and gun their john deere gators to get to the break truck. It's a site to behold.

9. shotgun wg

That what I'm talkin about. I drove truck and went to CA every week that's where I got the best food. Just don't ask what's in it lol.

10. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

Nah. These days, I dont like Mexi"can's" too much. Or any other "Can's" or "Stan's" for that matter!

I'll stick with Red Lobster! :thumb:

11. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

What about Ameri"cans"?

12. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

Oh. Well, these day's I just call them.........................US! :up:

13. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Except the liberals. I call them "them"

14. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Always called em Roach Coaches..............cause they were usually full of em!! :whistle: Some had some pretty good eating though!!:biggrin:

15. You were a GI.......it didn't matter ...you ate it....:biggrin:

In Honduras we would buy what we thought was beef and onions grilled.....nope....found out it was some kind of Monkey!!

Anyway Mexican food is really Texmex in the States........the best I have ever had is in Pueblo Colorado.....second best Woodland Park Colorado...Third is in Colorado Springs Colorado.
    There are some good places here but really the ones that look like hole in wall places cook the best ........My FIL is the king of finding those places.
    I haven't been able to find fried tacos anywhere around here.....:head:

16. Red Lobster........:fit::fit:

17. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

:biggrin::biggrin: At least in Thailand, we knew we were eating Monkey meat:biggrin: Had some sure nuff real Mexican food in a little hole in the wall in Denver this past summer!!!:thumb:

18. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I wish I could remember what I had to eat there, I know it was in tomatillo sauce and had sausage and beef can't remember what else, but it sure was good:up:

19. shotgun wg

Alot of times at the smaller resturants if frequented by Americans there is usually a small section on the last page of the menu that will have a few authintic dishes. One of my favorites is taco de carne asada. My wife's favs is pork chile verde.

20. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

thanks for the post! always looking for a good spot i havent tried yet. esp mexican!