Walk out..

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by jackie53, Jul 7, 2020.

1. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

2. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    I just had a guy tell me this and to go study Chapter 12 in Revelations.

sparkie, CBD and jackie53 like this.

3. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Was that at every register, or select ones? I know in the self check at Walmart, a number of those registers do not accept cash - but some do.

sparkie, jackie53 and orangefeetdown like this.
  4. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

Ash Flat
    Probably can't find any college graduates these days that know how to make change....

deer14, QuailRidge, Swampboss and 7 others like this.
  5. Leeroy_McCracken

Leeroy_McCracken Well-Known Member

There’s a national shortage in change. My FIL owns a business and has been driving around trying to find change for the store.

sparkie and jackie53 like this.
  6. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    Just thinking out loud, I would assume it’s a lesser risk of contracting the CV-19 if debit, credit or EBT cards are used. Think about it, Cash is handled by who knows who and would provide a substantially higher risk of spreading than someone’s personal card. The cashier doesn’t have to touch it, only the owner.

Cash is and will always be King.

deer14, Mr. Rusty and sparkie like this.
  7. kerrtw

kerrtw Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner

Everyone still has to punch in their PIN number on the key pad.

8. mr4pt

mr4pt Well-Known Member

SWA
    I’m 98% cash, buying and selling. I was at the beer store today, total came to $27 and change. I handed the lady a $20, and 2 $5’s. She told me she had no change and if I wanted to pay cash I needed exact change or have them keep the change. I took a $5 back and told her I would keep the change.

9. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Sure getting easy to repost stuff you get and never check it out. Folks are becoming either blind sheep followers (like the Chancellor of Oxford post) or too lazy to do any research (like this one).

Mr. C. corrected me on this one, some time back.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12772.htm

HuntHigh, Kinglake, JR1 and 2 others like this.
  10. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

sparkie and CBD like this.
  11. jackie53

Your Right..Did I just type that? Need a Vacation..

Lateralus and sparkie like this.
  12. jackie53

Your Right..Wow ,I just typed this Twice Today..
    I NEED A VACATION...

Lateralus and sparkie like this.
  13. jackie53

Is it legal for a business in the United States to refuse cash as a form of payment?

Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," states: "United States coins and currency [including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks] are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."
    This statute means that all United States money as identified above is a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person, or an organization must accept currency or coins as payment for goods or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether to accept cash unless there is a state law which says otherwise.

Related Questions

Do I have to trade in my old-design notes when a new one begins circulating?

Last Update: June 17, 2011

sparkie likes this.
  14. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but while there is a shortage of rolled coin available at this time (from the Fed or secondary sources), i do not in any shape form or fashion believe it to be a conspiracy theory to rid our nation of coin.

2 big reasons for the shortage. 1. The fed facilities where they roll coin have been shut down on and off for covid. 2. Banks having their doors shut for so long has lead to a shortage of coin being brought in in bulk to be deposited. This disrupts the cycle enough to cause major backlogs. Contrary to popular belief, what we get is 99% recycled and 1% new coins.

A third reason would be panic hoarding much like the TP situation. Not sure how much that contributes but I can verify that it did take place.

15. N8HARNER

N8HARNER Well-Known Member

JR, don’t bring any sensible solutions or reasons to the table please. It will upset their apple cart.

16. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sorry, my apologies. I just miss common sense and resonability so much.

17. N8HARNER

N8HARNER Well-Known Member

No kidding! I think covid-19 was/is most detrimental to common sense. It’s pretty sad.

18. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    I’m talking about the cashier.....it ain’t all about you.

N8HARNER and sparkie like this.
  19. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    I agree 100% on not taking cash or check.
    I seen today where apple wonts to get us all in to using there app and you will have your pass port-drivers lic.- bank acc. everything they can stick on there where we can't have any chance to keep anything private.

I think they wont to do away with cash for sure. Even if you hade some you can't hide it --because they wont take it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  20. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    I agree 100% on not taking cash or check.
    I seen today where apple wonts to get us all in to using there app and you will have your pass port-drivers lic.- bank acc. everything they can stick on there where we can't have any chance to keep anything private.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020