waitin

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by IRONHIDE, Jan 1, 2011.

1. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Well-Known Member

Got a new torqueless grip ordered through a company called "torqueless grips". I am really excited because i sent in a logo i designed for engraving on the grips. Really excited to see how these turn out! They have great service and so far i would recommend anyone to go through them if you want a custom grip! Will post pictures as soon as i get the three grips put on!

2. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

Very nice grips well built and they feel great. What's it going on and which color did you order it in.

3. I can't lie. I am excited to see the pics. If they turn out looking good AND they perform good. I may order some as well.

4. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Guess I'm at a loose, I don't even know what you're talking about. :head:

5. I can't lie. I had to google it. :fit:

6. ok, I have a dumb question. I went to the website and took a look around. How do you know what type of grip you need? I have never even thought about getting a custom grip. I seen all kinds of options and I have no clue which ones I would need. Is there anyway to find out about this kind of thing?

Ironhide, SORRY for stealing your thread with this question

7. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

Research it on AT you should find something there. 3-D will start up in a month or so you might find some guys with what your looking for. Haven't seen to many on Hoyt bows but I've seen a ton on Mathews bows. You might even try some shops with an indoor range they should be shooting leagues by now. The best place to look at new gear is generally at some kind of shoot.

8. possum

That's my thing with the Mathews. They shoot great and have a nice draw cycle, but the first thing I have had to do with any I've had is buy an aftermarket grip (usually a Shrewd). They just feel like the barrel of a bat in my hand. :shrug:

9. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

as soon as i buy a bow i take the grips off. Something I've always done. IMHO the less the grip is touching your hand the less torque you could exert on the bow.....just me. I like the way it feels also

10. IRONHIDE

ha ha ha i dont mind carbon! its really all in preference again! I have always shot a thin grip and just bought a new mathews z7 extreme. I agree with possum! my mathews feels like im holding a post hole driver! Really on the grips its all on how you feel comfortable and how and where you hold your bow! I hold my hand open and set the bow almost on the bend of my thumb. The thinner grips seem to torque less than the thicker grips. AA I ordered a chili pepper diagnal cut wood with a high wrist. Which the bottom of the grip extends out further. I havent used this company but I have heard nothing but good from them.... If you wanna learn alot about bows go to a 3d tournament! first one is this saturday in quitman i believe. There are alot of people that know alot about bows there! I will let everyone know the results i get from these grips. I have a gut feeling i will really like them.

11. IRONHIDE

and deciding on which one you want its basically how you position your hand just think about how the grip extends and how you hold your bow. which one would contour to the angle of your hand the best. so basically you get lucky! :whew:

12. I shoot pretty much the way that you described. I don't really mind the grip on mine. But at the same time I don't like the "Flex grip" thing. It grips to much for me. I want a wooden one that will slide into the "Pocket" against my thumb bone. If it was wooden I would love it. With that said do you have any suggestions? And once again sorry Ironhide I keep stealing your thread. :banghead:

13. possum

I looked at their web site and they look a whole lot like a wooden shrewd grip which would have to be better for the cooler weather of hunting season. That was the draw back to a metal grip, it's like grabbing a chunk of ice.

14. IRONHIDE

not quite sure what the flex grip is all about. im the same for me a smaller grip gives me a funny feeling if its not in the same place everytime. im a fan of wooden grips because of the warmer feel and because of the craftsmanship & uniqueness of them. check out a few websites and shoot some peoples bows that have grips on em! heck ill shoot with ya one afternoon if ya wanna just check em out!

15. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

They are nice. Pricey too. I even looked at bargain box. All made for mattews or bowtech. None for PSE.

16. I may have to take you up on that offer. I live out in the middle of no where inbetween to LITTLE towns that most people have never heard of. So I don't get shooting buddies very often. Plus, I would really like to shoot a bow with a custom grip. All of mine have just been the stock grip. We may have to get together and shoot a little someday.

17. IRONHIDE

Sounds good carbon! Plan it and just give me a holla! -Blain

18. I was just wondering if anyone takes off the grips and just shoots the riser? I did that on my vtec but my next bow is the z7 xtreme tactical and it comes with the focus grip so I'll try it first

19. I did it on one of the older hoyts I had YEARS ago. Alot of that depends on the riser and how comfortable it is when you take the grip off.