Viola School Under Lockdown

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Doug Hodges, Dec 18, 2012.

1. My son just texted me and Viola School is under lockdown. A gunman was spotted or something. I hope its just people being very cautious. We are praying hard here. I feel helpless sitting here typing this. I want to grab my ASSUALT WEAPONS and go protect my son.

I just got more information. A lot of the schools in the area are under lockdown. Last week they had a bomb threat and the bomber committed suicide. This is crazy.

2. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

You've got to be friggin kidding!! I'm sick of this crap!!!

3. My son just texted that the cops are chasing a gunman. You know how things get blown out of proportion. I hope thats what this is?

4. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
  5. I just got word they caught him.

6. thethrill

thethrill Well-Known Member

Doug, Keep us updated!

7. It was a young adult that was trying to kill his dad an grandma because he got mad at them. This is crazy.

8. CaptJerry

CaptJerry Well-Known Member

"Last week they had a bomb threat and the bomber committed suicide. This is crazy."

Far as I know the person that did the bomb threat last week is in Fulton Co jail.
    Old guy from Cherokee named William Adams.

9. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow! I am glad that they caught him before he could do any harm.

10. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Well-Known Member

Harrison schools have had several bomb threats in last few weeks.

11. bhsm

bhsm Well-Known Member

NLR
  12. OK> I heard he commited suicide. Thats how things get going. Thanks

13. Browning

Browning Well-Known Member

It's just a shame!!!! PITIFULL!!!

14. Who is to say that this guy wasnt headed to the school after he killed his dad and grandma? The news has given all the crazies across the country a blueprint. Jonesboro TV just contacted me because of my post on facebook.

15. Greyhound

Greyhound Well-Known Member

Folks, as long as the media continues to sensationalize this craziness, IT'S GOING TO CONTINUE TO HAPPEN AND GET WORSE!!!!!!!!! No new law is going to stop it. When there's a deranged young adult that would normally off himself in his basement looks up and sees how the media plasters some gunman's picture onto every TV in the nation, it gives him an idea of how to one-up the previous massacre. So, he decides he now wants to go to a daycare or maternity ward and leave this place in a blaze of glory. He wants to be remembered. When is it going to stop? What's going to be enough? We know almost EVERY shooter's name for the past 10 years that has been involved in these types of shootings BUT, you tell me ONE name of a victim. Can you do that? Just ONE. NO. We only hear of the shooter and what color underwear he wore on Monday's. THE MEDIA HAS TO STOP SENSATIONALIZING THESE MASSACRES. Ok, in an effort to save my keyboard, I'm going to step down off my soap box.

16. Ok. An officer from Fulton County just called me. He said things were blown out of proportion. It wasnt as bad as we were led to believe. They did put the school under lockdown but no one was in any real danger. It was a family dispute and a kid didnt want his mom having guns in the house so he took them out of the home.

17. gutpile

gutpile Well-Known Member

crap now the kids are brainwashed!!!

18. It was a teacher giving my son the information he was texting me. Everyone is on edge everywhere.

19. bmccullough1

bmccullough1 Well-Known Member

I would be on edge too! Glad everything is OK now. At least it sounds like it is.